To the legal experts on here | FerrariChat

To the legal experts on here

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Europeanroadandracing, Aug 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    So our 9 new lifts were being delivered last week from two different carriers. Yellow freight YRC and Conway freight. The day before pouring our new shop driveway we had a downpour and the driveway literally fell in the water. When Conway showed up I told them that we had no access to the building. The driver got headquarters on the phone. I gave the woman my name, cell number and email address. I asked her to call me and let me know if and what storage charges I may incur. I never heard back. Wednesday I received an email informing me that the storage charges would be $369.- /day and the re delivery charges would be $797.- they are less than 7 miles away from us. WTF?

2. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    The lifts are paid for and belong to me otherwise I'd refuse them. Btw. YRC is not charging a penny as they understand the circumstances.

3. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Wow. That's ridiculous. Talk about poor customer service.

4. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    So sorry to hear about that. Did you agree in writing to those charges? If not, I believe Conway would be absolutely fried by the judge in Magistrate's Court, especially in view of what the other carrier did. Those charges appear to be unconscionable. Hopefully, Conway will realize their lack of judgement and come back with something reasonable. In the meantime, you need your lifts. I'd contact an attorney if they don't come to their senses.

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You know.. a letter from your attorney couldn't hurt..