SC F-car service | FerrariChat

SC F-car service

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Oengus, Sep 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Hi I have a place in Beaufort (Habersham) SC
    I was wondering where the nearest Ferrari independent shop service would be.

Thanks guys
    Chas

2. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    European Road & Racing in Charleston is the best you're gonna get!!!

3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted

+1

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    ERR +2

Only place worth it IMHO.

5. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    See above.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to EMI ? I know Chris signs on here from time to time.

7. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Couldn't compete with ERR..

8. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    This happened to Chris...Cops slam brakes on luxury-car mechanic in Goose Creek - Post and Courier. What the article doesn't go into is how Chris lied and cheated in an effort to take business away from ERR. He attempted to tarnish the character of an incredible mechanic and human being. And when that didn't work, he chose to commit crimes instead of choosing to run an honest business.

European Road and Racing is the place to go. If you go somewhere else, you'll eventually end up at ERR to fix what someone else messed up. Do it right the first time. Karl Troy is successful not only because he and his staff are excellent technicians, but also because they are honest. They are a rare breed, in my opinion...and the only place I go for my 308.

9. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    ERR for sure and your fortunite to be so close (New shop on Isle of palms). They did a solid job on my M3 and I would use them again in the future.

10. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    Karl at ERR... Is there an echo in here?!

11. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    As sad as the whole EMI story was and all the heartache it caused us. I learned a lot from it. I learned that EVERYTHING in life has a purpose and happens for reasons you may not comprehend until years later.
    Through all this mess I met Gerhard Jung, the landlord of EMI. He ended up being the builder of my new shop and I can't rave about him enough. He came through again and again. He even came in under budget so we could pay for the $25,000.- polished floors out of the loan.

There is another building on my property that I was renting out. The tenant owes me $20k. Couldn't get her out. First she sued me. Then she filed bankruptcy. All to buy time. I was disgusted and was selling the property. Right before closing the buyer walked because of the tenant in bankruptcy. I was ticked.
    Again, it turned out they way it was meant to be.

Instead of selling the land I built what we have today.

I'd like to thank both parties for the obstacles they threw in my path. It was way worth it.