Insurance in NC... | FerrariChat

Insurance in NC...

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Feb 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Well...in my quest to better insure the 308 (as values have been on the rise for a bit), I've found that Heacock and Barrett Jackson are not able to insure in NC as they don't Full Coverage.

I know Hagerty can insure the car in NC.

Who are people in NC using for their collector car insurance?

2. hans2

hans2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2011
    Charlotte
    Hagerty

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Greg. Try Amica. Very pleased with them; first rate service and competitive rates...helps of course if you have multiple policies with them. Did you ever get your FCA decal? I still have one for you

4. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Hagerty..which is handled by my nationwide agent(who happens to be my son,so I got that going ;) )
    Cheers,
    RE

5. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Have you tried your local State Farm agent? My Ferrari is no as old as yours, but their rates are very reasonable for mine.

6. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Hagerty direct for the best rates. State Farm Nationwide or any other insurance would not insure an exotic.

7. rsrracer

rsrracer Guest

May 13, 2009
    Marvin NC
    State Farm has insured my 458 no problem and cheap too like 1500 per year.

8. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Really I tried to get a quote and they would not do it. Did they insure it for full replacement? I have always tried to go out side of Hagerty but with zero luck.

9. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Both of mine are with Allstate in SC - no issues with getting coverage and good prices..

10. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Dont know if its an option, but I have had great luck with USAA. I need to call them about upping my coverage though with the increase in values on 308s.

PDG

11. Aaron360

Aaron360 Rookie

Jul 22, 2012
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gray
    I have my 2010 458 insured with USAA at a great price, I use hagerty for my 1933 ford coupe which is dirt cheap considering I don't drive the ford very much.

12. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you all for the inputs. Leaning towards Hagerty at this point. A little more expensive, however, an excellent reputation if and when claims are filed.

USAA is not an option, Leland West...maybe. Heacock and Barrett Jackson are out.

The other vehicles (BMW and Honda) as well as house are with Allstate. I thought I had an Agreed-Value policy on the Ferrari...come to find out...NO!

I'll contact State Farm, not sure if they'd want the house and other cars as well.

I hate shopping for insurance, absolutely hate it.

13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Keith...I was having a chat with Jim Meek and got on the topic of old FCA decals. He had several and sent some to me. I'm now covered...thank you though!

14. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    I use Grundy for stated value policy.

15. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Stated Value or Agreed Value? (yes, I know they are different)

16. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    I say stated because I told them the amount and they accepted it without running values that I know of. The policy doesn't say either way, just states amount insured for.

17. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I sell for State Farm in NC. They can do it and please know that any insurance company is required by law to write your auto insurance; they can't turn you away. However; what they offer may differ depending on many vairables.

The problem with State Farm vs. Hagerty as stated in the initial post is that stated vs. agreed value is an issue with out cars as the market varies from time to time.

18. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    You may want to call and inquire. Grundy and other sites have some good definitions of Agreed vs. Stated value policies. God forbid your car is totaled, the payout for Agreed and Stated can be two drastically different numbers.

19. pjbass

pjbass Rookie

Oct 3, 2009
    Full Name:
    Rick King
    Grundy only offers Agreed Value policies. By the way, when I first got my 328 GTS, I asked a well-known Porsche collector about insuring my car. His reply was that he had used Hagerty for all of his cars for many years, and he highly recommends them. My car is insured with Hagerty.

20. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I'm in the process of finishing paperwork for an Agreed-Value policy with Grundy.