Places to stay in Raleigh | FerrariChat

Places to stay in Raleigh

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by OUMick, Feb 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I plan on coming up this weekend. What area would you feel safe parking your car at a hotel?

2. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Last time I waa up there I stayed downtown across from the Meymandi Auditorium. I can get the name of the hotel but it had a secured parking garage.

PDG

3. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Just looked it up - I stayed at the Marriot City Center downtown.

PDG

4. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mike are you coming for Cars and Coffee? Do you want to stay downtown Raleigh? If you want a high end property The Umstead can't be beat...your car will be very safe there...fine dining as well. If you want to stay center city Raleigh the Marriott is probably the best as Patrick suggested. In the North Hills area (close to good restaurants and shopping) the Renaissance is the place to stay.

5. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    The Umstead Hotel & Spa in Cary is pretty high end, and is located right near I-40 for quick and easy access to Raleigh. If I owned an exotic, I'd definitely feel safe parking it there, although I'm not sure if they have a covered parking deck or not (if they do, it's hidden behind the hotel).

Edit - Oops, looks like Keith got to it first!

6. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    No covered parking but they'll let you park it right in front adjacent to the entrance if you throw the valet a 20. Keep the key to yourself.