Charleston Italian festival and car show sept 19th | FerrariChat

Charleston Italian festival and car show sept 19th

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Shootfighter65, Aug 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
    I am planning on going as soon as I get car registration info I will post it. Anyone else interested? It would be a lot of fun to meet some fellow Fchaters from the area

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    What's the deal with this ? Has anyone signed up their cars ? I may be interested.

3. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
    Skipp I plan to. I would bet there is going to be quite a few cool cars and lots of good wine and food.

4. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Think I met one of the organizers at the Charleston C&C. He is supposed to email details. I'll let you know if/when I find out.

5. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    This will be a great debut for Phoebe

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    One of the guys at C+C is the coordinator. As Mike above, if I hear something I'll share the love..

7. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
  8. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    The website is for the 2016 event!

9. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Hope you driving her ...

10. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Driving her crazy, lol.

11. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Only one he drives crazy is his girlfriend and parents

12. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Wow.. So much hate from all the people I thought love me!

Karl is putting me up for the weekend. Climate controlled space, big T-Bone steak for dinner and all wienerschnitzel I can eat!!!

13. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Just sent in my form: do we have an address?

14. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    #15 Europeanroadandracing, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Come and get your Schnitzel. Now that my daughter can fix it too, why not, lol.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    I have been to quite a few italian inspired events that this group puts together. They are always great fun. Lots of terrific personalities involved. Usually involves a Stradivarius making an appearance somewhere along the way….so why don't some of you fantastic FChatters bring a Colombo or Lampredi for a "sound off" competition!

16. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    #17 Bob Zambelli, Aug 18, 2015
    Just received this from Giulio Ronchi: (Also, see attachment)

Robert, I am happy that you will be part of this gathering. Originally I had planned this event on September 19th, in Daniel Island. Unfortunately, the city cancelled the permits due to complaints from local businesses. Because of that, the Charleston Italian Arts and Crafts Festival has been cancelled and moved to 2016. And this means that also our gathering got "bumped"!

But no worries, I have moved our Day to Mount Pleasant at a very familiar venue. We will meet on September 26 at The Town Center Shopping Mall as part of the Saturday Cars and Coffee meet.

More to come. In the meantime, I have attached the new flyer with revised date and location. Feel free to forward it to your friends who are proud owners of an Italian "thoroughbred" ...or a microcar. I just kindly ask you to keep me in copy too, so that I have a way to send updates to all the people who want to participate. See you soon.

Giulio

17. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Hello everyone. I am the organizer of this gathering. It was supposed to be in Daniel Island SC but some businesses complained about the road closing and in the end the city canceled permits.

But no worries, we are going to have it on a different day and venue. This gathering will be on Sept 26 in Mount Pleasant SC. It will be part of the local cars and coffee meeting. Bob just received the revised flyer but do not hesitate to email me if you need the PDF to "spread the word".

I will bring my 1959 one owner Bianchina Trasformabile and 1966 Fiat 500 Jolly.

If you plan to attend, let me know so that I can start planning for logistics. Ciao Giulio

18. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Would love to be there but will be in Hawaii with my wife for our 25th anniversary.

19. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Y'all will love it. I used to live near Honolulu for five years and my sister still lives in Kapalua, Maui. Enjoy the unique atmosphere that is only found there!

20. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Leave the key under the mat, I'll try not to leave too much hair in the Jacuzzi

21. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    #22 GiulioRonchi, Aug 19, 2015
    I have attached the flyer and the participation form so that whoever is interested can contact me directly. I really hope to see as many of you as possible. Charleston is a beautiful city and worth the drive. In June, the local Porsche club had a blast cruising around town.

Although this is not going to be a formal show with judges and awards, I am working with the local Italian consulate to create some kind of official recognition for the all the participants.
    Ciao, Giulio

22. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I will be there. Info emailed a second time.

23. Neons

Neons Karting

Jul 25, 2015
    Is the event called off for the year if it happens to rain?

24. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Neons, you know how unpredictable weather is. We're keeping our fingers crossed for nice clear weather that day, but you really don't know how it'll be until the night before. Because we're meeting along with the usual weekly car gathering that already occurs, we'll postpone to one of the subsequent Saturdays. I encourage everyone that wants to attend with a car to contact me directly at [email protected] so that you'll be included in the mailing list and can get an update the day before. That way if we do have to cancel due to inclement weather, I can send you the rescheduled date.

Also, what I've seen in the past is that most cars show up around 8AM and tend to leave by 11AM so come early.