Coming back to the F crowd | FerrariChat

Coming back to the F crowd

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by PATLEW, Sep 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    #1 PATLEW, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well yesterday was d day (delivery) to the new owner of my Lamborghini Gallardo. New owner is a fellow f-chatter and flew in from the Midwest with his father to drive it back. Now my car space is vacant and looking for a new ride but having trouble finding something. This morning I went in the garage and all I heard was crickets for real reminding me of the empty space. I want a 458 but will wait a bit I have a few options scud and 430 spider but not sure what I will do.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #2 southnc, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Well that was short! :)

4. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    That's what SHE said

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    #5 raider1968, Sep 4, 2015
    Very sad to see an empty garage - who are you going to have a drink with in the evening - add a dog to your cars and you are set

6. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    You can always come to the dark side with me.

Deiger

7. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    a little too much for a 430. I would buy a f1 in a 430 if I went that way. 6 speed in a 360 for sure. I might hold out a bit for what I want which is a 458.

8. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    The bright orange side is one thing but the dark dark side is another. Just an FYI you saw and heard that car it had a Kesoneg f1 straight system very pricy and apparently the first in the US on a Gallardo. It had bypass cats so the reason it sounded so awesome. The original owner contacted me about buying it back but I already had a deposit on the car.

9. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Nice Garage! I actually drove a scud yesterday that I am considering black with grey stripe.

10. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    John...that beautiful collie takes the limelight away from your Scud.

11. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Actually I meant the JDM side. I am in a GTR now. Loving the trunk, back seat, and full factory warranty. Plus plenty of dealers to service!!

Deiger

12. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Curious why you sold the G? I let mine go after a few months, not too impressive...

13. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I always knew you were a tuner at heart kidding yeah I knew that was the road you went down.

14. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Was your car a e-gear or Stick? I think the stick gives better performance in the Gallardo. I drove a supperlegera egear and felt my Gallardo was a better experience with the stick. To be totally honest I really liked the car it was flashy and loud as hell and I did love driving it. In the end I let it go because I am more a Ferrari person and I was spotted everywhere and it drew tons of attention being the only version of that orange around. It was more attention than I really cared for at times.

Although when I drove the scud I was not as impressed? I was expecting craziness and a monster but it was not my experience at all. It felt great being behind the wheel of a Ferrari but I was not that wowed. Maybe because I experienced the 458 that made me nervous when driving it the exact same way as the scud the other day or possibly the Lamborghini was just more powerful making it feel like a step down. Kind of like a restaurant you experience the first time that was awesome and you cant wait to get back but when you do its just not as impressive and you are left disappointed.

I may be going for a GT type car now not sure what to do looking at Bentley, Maserati, Porsche, and BMW M series cars.

Time for a change but who knows I might change my mind later today. I kind of wish Privatos was still around.

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    That's Maui - she will not let me in the garage without her

16. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Buy my new 599; you'd be helping a youngster make a smart financial decision so that he can return to Ferrari wiser and you get a great deal!!!

17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Wow! You sold it to Brian. He and his dad are 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet. It will be well cared for.

18. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    If you're looking at a GT car, why not check out something like the Aston Martin V12 Vantage? (But not the V12 S...I hear its transmission really sucks). Or maybe something like a GranTurismo MC? Both fly under the radar a bit better than a Lamborghini, but are still uncommon enough that you probably won't see another on the road (I only know of maybe two of each in the Charlotte area).

19. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    #19 PATLEW, Sep 9, 2015
    Actually drove a Maserati Gran Turismo S F1 yesterday for about an hour around Charlotte. I really liked the car and might do a deal today on it. We will see I am considering it as my daily driver.

20. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I agree it was a pleasure meeting and spending some time with both of them when they came to pick up the car and drive back home. I find most F chatters with the exception of one on here are really good people. I have sold all my cars to F chatters.

21. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Details

QUOTE=MASR04;144178970]Buy my new 599; you'd be helping a youngster make a smart financial decision so that he can return to Ferrari wiser and you get a great deal!!![/QUOTE]

22. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Will try the Maserati for a while pick up Friday

QUOTE=PATLEW;144180456]Actually drove a Maserati Gran Turismo S F1 yesterday for about an hour around Charlotte. I really liked the car and might do a deal today on it. We will see I am considering it as my daily driver.[/QUOTE]

23. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
  24. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    I agree, a manual is almost always a better expierence but I found it to lack overall. I did buy it used and it was almost ten years old...... I guess for the money it was a let down. I also hated the attention, can't stand that and it's a partial reason why I haven't picked up other vehicles since... That Maserati would be a good balance, I see a female driving a really nice white one once a week or so, They sound great. Check out an Evora S if you don't commit to the maser

25. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Patrick, we own a Gran Turismo 4.7S. Great car especially for a DD. Good luck.