P-51 Mustang | FerrariChat

P-51 Mustang

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Renman57, Sep 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    #1 Renman57, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A group of local car enthusiasts is sponsoring a Cruise & Fly-in at Asheboro Municipal Airport on Saturday, September 26th from 11:00 till 4:00. There will be a professional photographer on hand to photograph your car with this restored WWII P-51 Mustang for $20. Proceeds will go towards the military aviation museum at the airport. There will be food available and some interesting displays along with the museum. This is a picture of the P-51, my 550 and a Ducati we took back in June. Hope to see you there!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    That is awesome. And for a good cause too.

I have a great shot I took once with a BMW and an propped A-4 at the Naval Academy in Annapolis.

Too bad Ferraris at Morrison will be going on at the same time. :(

3. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    Yeah I know Adam, I really hate that the events are the same day. The Morrison event put on by Kevin is a lot of fun. Hope we can put something together next year and we'll make sure the dates don't conflict!

4. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Please PM me if this happens next year. Got to see a P-51 fly at Goodwood Revival in '13. And a P-40, Spitfire and Hurricane.

Not to mention a bunch of the coolest cars ever, including 20+ Ford GT40s racing wheel-to-wheel. Great stuff.

5. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    Will do. We are already planning next year's event - most likely around the same time.

6. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Definitely a long shot with this question, but was this same P-51 doing flybys and touch-and-goes at KGSP and KGMU yesterday afternoon?

7. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    It could have been - this P51 is based in Cheraw, SC.