Charlotte Area- Cars and Coffee @ the NC Music Factory- OCT Schedule conflict!!! | FerrariChat

Charlotte Area- Cars and Coffee @ the NC Music Factory- OCT Schedule conflict!!!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by MC36, Sep 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    ***A Scheduled Change***
    Charlotte Area- Cars and Coffee at the NC Music Factory- Sat Sept 10th!

Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee - Uptown Charlotte

Mattie's Diner / NC Music Factory Uptown Village-Main Lot
    1000 NC Music Factory Blvd, Charlotte NC 28206

Saturday Oct 5th, 2015

7:30am until!

Cars and Coffee Charlotte will be delayed one week for the month of October. It will be on the Second Saturday of the month with is Oct 10, 2015. The NC Music factory double booked and allowed the Octoberfest festivities to be the same weekend as our regularly scheduled event. The main lot will have trailers and tents on it which will not allow us the normal space. Please take note of this and please tell others that may not check the websites regularly of the change.

We will be back on schedule in November but this was an oversight that I was just informed about. Please help spread the word!

thank you,

Michael

2. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I will make sure we get this message out to our friends and customers!!

3. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    Sorry a quick edit , in my haste I did not sync my dates

- Oct 10th is the new date

***A Scheduled Change***
    Charlotte Area- Cars and Coffee at the NC Music Factory- Sat Oct 10th!

Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee - Uptown Charlotte

Mattie's Diner / NC Music Factory Uptown Village-Main Lot
    1000 NC Music Factory Blvd, Charlotte NC 28206

Saturday Oct 10th, 2015

7:30am until!

4. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    This is just a reminder that C&C will be postponed this week until Oct 10 (the 2nd Saturday of the month). The conflict is with Octoberfest that is taking place on the NC Music Factory property, please spread the word. The forecast is calling for rain so this may work out perfectly anyway!

Thank you and see you on Saturday Oct 10th!

5. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    Just a reminder that C&C is this weekend from the scheduling change from last week. It looks as if we may be foiled again with rain because there is a 90% chance of rain Saturday morning!
    If for some chance this Saturday it does not rain we will have to provide porta potties because Mattie's closed its doors last week and we do not have access to facilities.

As many of you know the NC Music Factory has been a gracious host to us for the last 3 years but with an economic development opportunity that has been looming for years is now taking place. The management has decided to built two office buildings on lot #1 which will begin Nov 1st.

We have been looking for a new place to host C&C but as many of you know the logistics as well as the liability concerns is a lot for someone to consider. I am reaching out to ask your help if you know of a location in the Greater Charlotte area that may accommodate us. Keep in mind we currently have access to 1200 spaces at the NC Factory in the main lot and we pretty much us about 700 of those spaces. Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Stay tuned we are trying very hard to save what we have built as a staple in the Charlotte car community over the past 7 years. It is not a matter of if but a of when we will find a new home.

thank you,

Michael

6. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Michael,

All those office parking lots in the Ballantyne corporate area of Johnston Rd and I-485 are pretty much empty on the weekend. Not sure if you can work something out, but you may want to check it out.

7. PETER@TEAM AI

Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #7 PETER@TEAM AI, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    To all,

We have NOT cancelled Cars and Coffee for tomorrow. 100% chance of rain but we will hope for the best espcially since it may be our last time at that site!

Peter

8. PETER@TEAM AI

Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Adam

I have talked with several commercial development and management companies. The issue is access to restrooms and carrying the right kind of insurance on the propery for such an event. Even when the corporation leasing the property wants us there. We need somewhere the public normally comes like a mall, store parking lot, sporting complex that is insured for this type of event. Corporate parking lots are not from what I am told.

But all suggestions are welcome!!

Peter