INSURANCE | FerrariChat

INSURANCE

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by MASR04, Sep 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    So I am definitely thrifty - State Farm is by far the best place to have your cars insured for guys like us. After doing some checking around; my new 599 is insured with little to no restrictions at the cheapest price around.

*State Farm does not cover you on the track*

..Send me a PM if you'd like me to quote your cars..

I know a lot of this crowd has SF already, which is great!

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I used to be with GEICO for forever. They used to be very good with previous Ferraris. No longer. They not only quoted a ridiculously high rate for my 612, they stated I could be dropped.

I called the local State Farm agent and got great coverage at a fraction of GEICO's price. SF actually told me they prefer our cars, since most of us take good care of them.

3. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    And most of us are responsible!!! What a great story! I am definitely proud to represent this company. I was with Liberty mutual - they covered all my past Ferrari & Maserati for $65 a month or less with Full Cov and low low low deductibles. Thought the same as they quoted me $750 a year. Then when I called up with the vin# it went to $1200 a year. Big difference. SF covering me for $74 a month!!

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

State Farm, 100% Great coverage, great price, outstanding service. Been with them for 30 years. Cars, House, Personal Items, etc.

5. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Your silk covers still $350?

6. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    #6 ProRallyCodriver, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Have been in the collision repair industry 15 years. Review ~300 claims/month from every insurer.

Sorry to disagree but StateFarm has quickly become the worst insurer at paying to repair your vehicles correctly, leaving you w/ out-of-pocket expenses (frame machine jig rental for example) that other insurance companies pay and trying the hardest to find you junk parts to replace the ones on your car.

You get what you pay for. In a better world the insurance companies would stop paying for the bombardment of stupid advertising/marketing to get new customers and instead pay entire claims to keep their existing customers.

Several states seem to be filing lawsuits against StateFarm to protect your safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drds6pLzruw

7. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    You sound an awful lot like a non-preferred vendor who didn't get the money they wanted when attempting to charge extra for a larger profit. Especially, since this is the second time you've done this & you're not even near NC or SC..

Not going to respond to anymore of your remarks, we both have our experiences..

8. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    You guys must all be driving modern Ferrari's, because State Farm is absolutely terrible for the classic market. Totally out of touch with market values, their so called "stated value" policy is not an "actual cash value policy like Hagerty, and the maximum they will ensure a classic car for under their collector program is 250K. As an example, they would not go any higher than 130k for my 512 BBi, which is at least a couple of hundred k short of real market value. That is why I am with Hagerty now --- and my modern daily drivers are with State farm!

9. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    #9 ProRallyCodriver, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    From N Carolina and family still lives in Mayberry.

There is no such thing as a non-preferred vendor. A 'prefered' vendor is a shop that has a direct repair relationship w/ the insurance company. The insurance sends the shop work but the shop has to cut corners to save that insurance company $ and pay for the customer's rental car if the insurance deems the shop took too long to repair. Neither are in the insured best interest.

My shop has no direct repair relationship w/ any insurance company. We work for our customers (not the insurance companies), are manufacturer certified in he makes we repair (luxury and exotics) so cannot and will not cut corners or use junk parts and have ~ a month waitlist for driveable cars and non-drivers (towed in) have to wait.

We charge our rate, not necessarily the prevailing rate in the area. Statefarm does pay our current body and paint labor rates. If the insurance does not agree, the customer is given the option to have their car towed elsewhere or pay the difference. After explained why we charge more than their insurance may be willing to pay, few tow out. And I still have more cars in the shop than we can handle. Why would I want to work to save the insurance company $ at the expense of the customer's vehicle and safety?

We have to cut damaged junk parts in half before we throw in our dumpster to prevent the dumpster-divers from picking them out to 'recondition' and sell to StateFarm. If you really want someone's trash glued back together on your car should you ever have a claim, then StateFarm is for you.

Our regional accounting department (7 dealerships) no longer accepts checks from StateFarm. It is the only insurance company which we do not accept payment from based on their poor ability to pay, make the checks payable to correct names, send payments to correct address or misdirect checks with stoppayments placed on them w/o notifying payees. We choose to pay the extra in creditcard fees from accepting the $ from our customers than try to figure where StateFarm sent the $. Only StateFarm.

The Anderson Cooper report Youtube link does not lie.

Likewise, sounds like you sell StateFarm policies and continue to spam them here.

obertRo likes this.
  10. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Insurance companies are all different. There is no one company who is a good fit for everything and everybody.

Yes, your situation is best derived for Hagerty!

You have it backwards. Hagerty is agreed value (meaning you coming up with a number and they agree).

Most other companies are Stated or ACV. Actually, SF is not out of touch. You are comparing mkt value to what the veh true value is. Too different things.

NOW, I am on your side and the example you provided is great for owners to be aware of. But the MKT is much more ambiguous than say NADA. Don't get upset with a company just because they don't see it your way.

ACV is a safe bet because it self actualizes with veh values upon renewals. Where as Agreed value remains the same unless you change it. We've all heard stories of an owner forgetting to increase their Hagerty policy and losing out when a total loss occurs.

Six to One Half Dozen the Other.