Triangle Italians 8th Annual Toy Drive, Saturday - December 5th! | FerrariChat

Triangle Italians 8th Annual Toy Drive, Saturday - December 5th!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Nov 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #1 Owens84QV, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ladies & Gentlemen, it's that time of the year again!!

On Saturday December 5th, the Triangle Italians will be hosting our 8th Annual Toy Drive for the Durham Rescue Mission.

Our Toy Drive has become the main source of Christmas presents for the boys & girls at the Durham Rescue Mission...so please, be generous! With your incredible gratitude, the kids at the Durham Rescue Mission can have a Christmas that most of us take for granted.

The guidelines for a Christmas present are as follows:
    - Boys & Girls ages 12 and under
    - Please make sure the gift remains unwrapped

Our plan for the morning will be as follows:
    - This year, we will meet the truck from the Durham Rescue Mission @ Brier Creek
    - We will be @ Brier Creek from 10:00AM till 12:00 noon
    - We will be parking in the area between Jason’s Deli and the restaurant which used to be Uno Pizzeria then Japanese restaurant (I think the restaurant space is empty at the moment). Please reference the map and the red boxed-in area.
    - Afterwards, we will probably grab some lunch at a nearby restaurant such as Johnny Carino’s, so, please RSVP to this thread by December 1st if you care to join. I want to provide the restaurant with as much heads-up as possible.

For those in the Cary / Apex / Holly Springs / Fuquay area, we will be meeting @ Leith VW at 9:15AM, departing there around 9:40.

A very sincere "thank you!" to everyone in advance for helping with this toy drive! We look forward to seeing everyone out there! You guys are awesome!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    OK...slight change of venue. In lieu of Brier Creek, the Triangle Area PCA (thank you Tom Roos!) has offered Porsche Southpoint as the Toy Drive location. As this is their C&C location, it's a perfect match.

Their C&C starts @ 9:30, we'll have the truck from the Durham Rescue Mission arrive about the same time.

The address for Porsche Southpoint is 122 Kentington Dr, Durham. Enter from Rolando Dr.

For those in Cary / Apex / Holly Springs / Fuquay area, we will be meeting @ Leith VW at 8:30AM, departing around 8:50.

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thanks Greg and thanks to Tom of the PCA. We had a beautiful day and a great turnout last year. Please, everyone join us if you can...if you would like to donate a toy but can't get to the event of December 5, please PM or email me and I will arrange a pick up. For some of these kids at the Mission, these toys are the only ones they get on Christmas.

4. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Count us in too! Red 458.

5. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I am a maybe at this point, but will see what I can do contingent on my work schedule.

PDG

6. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    I've blocked my calendar!

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hmmmm...change work schedule and go for a long drive in the Ferrari or do nothing at all...Hmmmm. Just kidding, I know some schedules are not easily adjusted.

8. ncm6cabrio

Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Is there a price range for the gifts?

9. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    There is not. Our family usually budgets $100 and buys a whole bunch of things; Hotwheels cars, basketballs, footballs, games, barbie dolls, puzzles, other toys, etc. Go nuts man!

In all seriousness, the kids at the Durham Rescue Mission appreciate everything we do for them. If there's a group of kids to be generous with, this is them.

Cheers!

10. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    BUMP as reminder. Let's break last year's record turnout. Triangle Italians and FCA let's give those Porsche guys a run for the toy count...they won by a big margin last year.

11. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    and remember CHANGE OF VENUE. This year's toy drive will convene Saturday morning December 5 at the new PORSCHE SOUTHPOINTE DEALERSHIP. Adjacent to South Point mall, just off of I - 40.

12. ncm6cabrio

Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Is the link up at Leith VW still on?

13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Mike...yes it is! I'll arrive @ Leith VW around 8:20AM and we'll depart around 8:50. Let me know if you need any directions. Leith VW is in the auto-park off of NC64.

14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Greg. is there any way you can get a mod to help you change the first post in this thread so that readers aren't confused with the change of venue to SouthPointe Porsche?

15. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Keith...I reached out to the forum moderator (308nut) to see if he can help.

16. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Just ordered all the gifts via Amazon. See y'all next week Saturday. While we live in Chapel Hill, we will come down and meet you in Cary and drive up to Southpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Ron S

Ron S Karting

Nov 20, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Ron Scarboro
    I'm not a member of either group, but my wife and I would love to drop by and meet the group. I have a 328 and a '78 930, so we'll come in both.

Best,

Ron

18. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    THANK YOU!!!

19. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Our pleasure. Great initiative. Hope we have a great turn up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ron...to put you at ease, there is "no members of the group", just a large group of people / car enthusiasts who have a huge heart to give back to those much less fortunate. Thank you for attending. Come early and join us @ Leith VW in Cary (off of NC64) and caravan to Porsche Southpoint with us!

21. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #21 Owens84QV, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I had really hoped to attend but I am required to be at work on Saturday. The times conflict too much for it to make sense unfortunately.

PDG

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

23. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Patrick...you will be missed! Maybe drive to Leith VW and drop off toys?

Cheers! Greg

24. ncm6cabrio

Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Patrick- It sucks you have to work. Let me know if you want me to take up any toys for you. We can link up before Saturday for a hand off.

25. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    sunshine in forecast for Saturday. Durham rescue mission will send big truck...let's fill it up!