FCA Meet up at Ponte Vedra Beach Hotel | FerrariChat

FCA Meet up at Ponte Vedra Beach Hotel

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by LOLAF1RACER, Mar 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LOLAF1RACER

LOLAF1RACER Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just wanted to thank all of the great people I met at the Amelia Island Concour ,last weekend in Florida . South Carolina folks are the best . Thanks David Scott for the hospitality you showed me . Cant wait to meet up again . What a great event . And great people . Thanks Andrew from Philly

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #2 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You are the man Andy! It's you and the other folks that make these events worth while!! Thanks everyone for coming out and making this a success. And I cannot say enough good things about Maya Barga and the folks at the Amelia Island Concours. She really bent way over backwards for us. And thanks to the incredible staff at Ponte Vedra Inn and Club, as they did the same over and over again. They really wanted us there and you could tell it. Tim Tebow had his event there, so there were lot's of A list celebrities such as the Duck Dynasty stars, Coach Irvin Myers, football players, singers, etc. I heard they enjoyed seeing the cars around the fountain, so we may see some of the pictures pop up. And Brad Phillips of Hagerty, thanks so much for the gift bags for our members! You came through when all the others (Ferrari of Tampa and Ferrari of Central Fl) would not even reply! Love the new 328 by the way-great find! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5UmGGqpV3o&feature=youtu.be Those little things do make a difference.

Brad Phillips Client Relations Manager- North America >> Hagerty
    P: +1 615.945.6994 F: +1 231.941.8227 E: [email protected]
    WWW.HAGERTY.COM | Corporate Offices: 141 RIVER'S EDGE DR., SUITE 200, TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #3 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 16, 2016
    So, here's a picture thread of the event. I was very happy to see Glenn bring the Dino, what a great car. Thanks Glenn!

NOTE: My camera battery died, so if anyone has pictures of the putting green and bar, or the cars out front by the fountain, please post them.

I love the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club and encourage anyone interested in a Northern FL resort to investigate. Founded in 1928, it's full of history, and Five Diamond service. Ponte Vedra Inn & Club oceanfront resort | Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Also, much thanks for Brad Phillips at Hargerty for providing the gift bags and cool hats! And here's a shot from the local restaurant you'll want to try Palm Valley Fish Camp Ponte Vedra Fresh Seafood | Palm Valley Fish Camp

4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #5 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 16, 2016
  5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #6 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 16, 2016
  6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #7 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 16, 2016
  7. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #9 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 16, 2016
    Finally, we last saw this car at the Madison Micro Car Museum auction where it sold for around $122,000. I was flabbergasted that it sold for...capping off the sale on a high note, the 1964 Peel P50, a terrific example of the world's smallest production car, generated big bids to shatter its pre-sale estimate at a final $176,000, a record for a Peel P50 at auction (estimate $75/100,000).

8. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Super, super job, David!!!! Melissa and I had a fantastic time at the events and at Ponte Verdra Inn and Club. Amazing facilities and the Concours was the best one so far. Great photos too. Darn, I wish I had spotted David Hobbs. Let's definitely do it again next year. Bravo! :)

9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  10. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #12 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 17, 2016
    Sunday came early, with daylight saving time making it even earlier. We were told to be on the field by 7:30am, so that meant leaving PVI about 6:30 am! Truth be told, I think we could have gotten there at 8:30 and been fine. Then there was just a sprinkle of rain when we arrived. We really got lucky.

Our parking was great as we were the first cars on the field you came upon. This was the fairway entrance to the concours, and of course, not the main field.

11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #16 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 17, 2016
    And some of the friends and renown people you meet... Billy from Greenville with what might be the most original Daytona in the world, and everyone knows who Marcel Massini is...Le Monde Edmond | Marcel Massini- The Information King flaked by FCA members Glenn from Charlotte and Andy from Philadelphia. And then there is Derek Bell, one of the all time greats Welcome | DerekBell.com. There's Tom Shaughnessy (glasses and gf) of Ferrari and Chasing Classic Cars fame. I remember seeing this chasis on ebay and thought about it for a minute. He answered my question quickly by saying "You wouldn't have gotten it, I knew what it was!" $2.8M Ferrari Chassis Found. FCA members Steve Steinhardt came all the way from Los Angeles to be with us. Thanks Steve!

12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    And a few more tomorrow.

13. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
  14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks Chip! FYI I have been checking into getting closer accommodations. The Ritz is sold out not even a room for next year plus it would be $1,000 a night. The Omni has rooms with a total price package of about $560.00 per night, three night minimum and you must book 90% of the room block or pay for the undersold rooms. Would members pay $560.00 per night or be willing to drive from PVI? I don't mind the drive, if I can do it in the "Yellow Oven" anyone can right lol? Not exactly, some would rather have cheaper closer hotels, and not care about a Five Diamond Resort like PVI....

15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #22 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 18, 2016
    This is Jim Taylor's gorgeous Cunningham that we saw at Pebble Beach Cocours. Jim purchased and loaned the Ferrari 599 to us for the 50th Anniversary trip around NA that many of you saw, and some drove.

16. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #23 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 18, 2016
  17. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #24 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 18, 2016
  18. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #25 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 18, 2016
    So that about wraps it up, great resort, great event, superb fun group to hang with. Twenty rooms occupied this year, shall we say more for next year?

Hey, anyone know who's 360 coupe this is? It showed up to be with us on the fairway Sunday...nice looking addition and thanks to the owner.

And I just came back to edit this with the most important thing that happened this weekend. One of our members literally saved the life of a gentleman at the Amelia Island Concours. This hero claims not to be a hero, but I disagree. He is a hero, although he would say it's just doing his thing. Wrong Mr. Hero. Wrong....it really added meaning to how important every day is.