Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > North & South Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2016, 11:39 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: chipB
Unhappy David Scott's Dad

Melissa and I are so sorry to hear about the passing of David Scott's dad this past Monday. He must have been one heck of a great guy if he helped produce you, man. Our thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-14-2016, 11:49 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: John E
My Garage
David, Margaret and I want you to know that we are thinking of you in this difficult time. If there is anything we can do, please let us know
John & Margaret Edwards
Old 10-26-2016, 06:45 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Juan
Ahhh guys thanks for thinking about us. Nothing is truer than this. The sadness now is because of the happiness then. And to add to it our Sanata (Nata) passed two days ago just feet from where she was born. She was always with Julie and slept on the foot of the bed. It is easy to say I feel your pain. When you loose your loved ones you truly understand when it happens to others. I understand now.

Dad graduated from Clemson in '52. I received his class ring, and asked Dabo's brother if he would do something special for me. Tracy is the big bald guy that stands behind Dabo when they meet on the 50th yard line after the game for interviews. I cannot say enough good things about this family, the Swinneys. They are genuine and care about people. They live their faith.

So I asked Tracy if he would carry my dads ring in his pocket on the sidelines for the NC State Game. Well, if you watched that game, you just knew we had lost it. NC State had the ball with about 1 second to go in the game, for a 33 yard chip shot filed goal to win it. THEY MISSED IT AND WE WON IN OVERTIME! Dad would have been so proud to know he had a part in it. At least in my minds eye and my heart. Thank you Tracy-we love you guys.

Tracy's message was: We win big today! Got an extra player with us love you guys.

It was never in doubt....my father was a good man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg USATSI_8841894.jpeg (46.9 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0230.jpg (29.0 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3983.jpg (55.9 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3988.jpg (70.4 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0465.jpg (48.9 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0145.jpg (31.8 KB, 313 views)

Last edited by Juan-Manuel Fantango; 10-26-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:08 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Curt
Sorry to hear and my condolences.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:07 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsurgeon View Post
Sorry to hear and my condolences.
Thank you man, I appreciate it.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Dave Steven
Sorry about your Dad...

Our condolences. Janis and I regret not running into you at Eurofest. We both wanted to tell you how much we appreciated your offer to have us evac during Matthew.

Perhaps we will connect at the Hilton Head Concours Ferrari Dinner Saturday evening.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

My condolences. I lost my Dad too on 10/9. He was a resident of Clemson, SC and a huge Tigers fan too - (as is most of my family). I think about him all the time.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:48 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Stuart
Went to dental school in Charleston with quite a few Clemson alumni...went to some great Clemson games also...they won another stunner yesterday ...I miss my father terribly...condolences to you...
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-30-2016, 09:17 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw28210 View Post
My condolences. I lost my Dad too on 10/9. He was a resident of Clemson, SC and a huge Tigers fan too - (as is most of my family). I think about him all the time.
Ahh, So sorry to hear. Clemson is such a great town. We are just by the Corn maze, come see us we'll hang out in the garage. Feel free to PM. Same to simchanova, Dave, and all the other kind folks.

I think we need a shirt-All we do it win! Great game last night. I always talked to Dad after the game.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan-Manuel Fantango View Post
Ahh, So sorry to hear. Clemson is such a great town. We are just by the Corn maze, come see us we'll hang out in the garage. Feel free to PM. Same to simchanova, Dave, and all the other kind folks.

I think we need a shirt-All we do it win! Great game last night. I always talked to Dad after the game.
Thanks. I may just do that. I get by that way quite a bit.

And nothing but white-knuckled wins for the Tigers this year. But I will certainly take them all.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:49 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Russell
David, sorry to hear about your Father, i have been a bit missing from the car scene for the last year, hope to change that soon.

Russell
Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbf41000 View Post
David, sorry to hear about your Father, i have been a bit missing from the car scene for the last year, hope to change that soon.

Russell
Thanks Russell, hey we have the Colonial Cup again this year. I'll get some info out soon.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:54 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Consultant

Full Name: Internet Poseur
My Garage
Don't know how I missed this thread.

My heart felt condolences to David and his family.

My father's ring looked very much like your dad's except it said "Clemson A&M College" and had a "50" in the crest.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Claude Vaughn
David, I was very impressed with the pictures and memorabelia on display and wish I had known your father. You, Julie, Anne and Riley remain in our prayers. Ours is a house divided, as Debbie went to Clemson and I went to USC but we both pull for the other except that one time every year in late November. The NC State game was a cardiac nightmare. I'm pulling for Clemson to go all the way, carry a 12-1 record into the playoffs and win the championship. I'm going to have to check with my sisters and find out what happened to my dad's USC ring. He'd love seeing it at mid-field after a USC win. Well friend, I'd better close this and get back to Rennlist and Pelican where I belong.
Claude
Old 11-08-2016, 10:33 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: John E
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan-Manuel Fantango View Post
Thanks Russell, hey we have the Colonial Cup again this year. I'll get some info out soon.
David
Lost Julei's phone # - please tell her Margaret and I are really sorry to hear about her baby pet - we know how it feels - no that that matters any
John E
Old 11-10-2016, 11:53 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahenthus View Post
David, I was very impressed with the pictures and memorabelia on display and wish I had known your father. You, Julie, Anne and Riley remain in our prayers. Ours is a house divided, as Debbie went to Clemson and I went to USC but we both pull for the other except that one time every year in late November. The NC State game was a cardiac nightmare. I'm pulling for Clemson to go all the way, carry a 12-1 record into the playoffs and win the championship. I'm going to have to check with my sisters and find out what happened to my dad's USC ring. He'd love seeing it at mid-field after a USC win. Well friend, I'd better close this and get back to Rennlist and Pelican where I belong.
Claude
Thanks Claude, you're the best. Just came from Auctions America, and smiled when I saw the 935s getting read to cross the block. Made me think of you and the lone 935 sitting by the pond in May...
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-10-2016, 11:57 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider1968 View Post
David
Lost Julei's phone # - please tell her Margaret and I are really sorry to hear about her baby pet - we know how it feels - no that that matters any
John E
Hey John, I'll text that to you; and yes, it was sad. Sonata went fast..she was sweet indeed and a constant companion. We loved her. And yes, you know when it happens to you as I do now. Often people think, well it was just a dog. Not so.And it's sad when you think about it like this. It's sort of like loosing children ever 8-15 years.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:11 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jeff
My Garage
Great story about the game!

Very sorry for your losses.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:35 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmomini View Post
Great story about the game!

Very sorry for your losses.
Thanks man, really appreciate it. Miss him.