AVANTI 2017 - Cruise In in Mount Pleasant SC | FerrariChat

AVANTI 2017 - Cruise In in Mount Pleasant SC

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by GiulioRonchi, Feb 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    #1 GiulioRonchi, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello everybody. We had a 2016 full of doctors and surgeries, but now we are back! On May 13th we are going to have another meet at the Coffee and Cars in Mount Pleasant, SC. The first time we had this, we had 15 prancing horses showing up. Many people said it was the best meet ever in Mount Pleasant and dared us to do better. Can we do it? We count on you to spread the voice so that we really come back BIG. Look at the attached flyer and visit the Italian Car Club of Charleston Facebook page for updates. Email us at [email protected] to confirm your presence. Ciao a tutti, Giulio
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Some of you asked for more details...
    On May 13th, we are planning a cruise-in to the Coffee and Cars in Mount Pleasant. As people are coming also from outside Charleston, we were thinking to have the meet from 9.30 on (a bit later than the usual).
    We could also set up a special lunch afterwards. We have been talking to a local Italian restaurant (good one according to my Italian kids!) that could organize an exclusive event if we have at least 20 participants (they are normally closed on Saturdays).

Two years ago when we had our first official event, 15+ Ferrari showed up and everybody considered it the best Coffee and Cars day ever. With your help, we are sure we can have another fun and unique day. Check our Facebook page italiancarclubcharleston for updates, or email us at [email protected] to confirm participation.

Giulio & Doreen, ICCC

3. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Count me in - I'll be there.

Bob Zambelli

4. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Ciao a tutti! First of all, we thank all of you who already responded. We are working on the list of all participants who want to attend to the special lunch after the meet. We encourage you to reply on this forum or directly at [email protected] so we can make the appropriate logistical arrangements. Again, spread the word and call-in all owners of prancing horses, ranging bulls and other Italian makes. Doreen & Giulio, ICCC

5. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Update: Lunch after the cruise-in is at Bacco in Mount Pleasant. The menu is going to be choice of appetizers and different pasta dishes, all for $20, excluding beverages, taxes and gratuities.

As mentioned, the restaurant is going to open just for us but we have to be at least in 20. As of today, Bruce, Gerald, Leonard and Mark have confirmed lunch. Karl should be also with us. As a result, total attendees are around 18. Please reply to us asap so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Email is [email protected]

You can reach also using our FB page. We are going to be busy in the next two weekends as we are planning to go to the annual Trident College Car show, this coming Saturday, and to Cars on Kiawah on May 6. Look for us.

6. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Because the weather forecast for tomorrow is not good, we are forced to postpone this event. Tentative new date is June 10th. Thanks for the big support and participation. We will keep you posted.

Giulio - Italian Car Club of Charleston

7. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Hate that it got postponed at least I can make it to the next event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    #8 GiulioRonchi, May 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Let's try it again since bad weather forced us to postpone our event. The new date is going to be June 10th.

The program stays the same: cruise-in around 9.00am to Charleston Cars & Coffee @ Mount Pleasant Towncentre. Then around 11.30am drive to Bacco Italian restaurant on Northcutt Blvd, Mount Pleasant, for a special lunch just for us. Menu is going to be choice of appetizers and different pasta dishes for $20/person, drinks, gratuities, etc. excluded.

As mentioned last time, the restaurant is normally closed for lunch on Saturdays but they will exclusively open for us if we have at least 20 attendees. Therefore, in order to keep a precise tally, we kindly ask you to confirm your presence with an email to: [email protected]

There is no need to own an Italian car to participate!!!

Ciao a tutti. ICCC
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. GiulioRonchi

GiulioRonchi Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    We are still on. Whoever is interested in attending also lunch at Bacco Italian Restaurant must reply by tomorrow noon. It's $20/person for choice of appetizers and several pasta dishes, drinks, gratuities, etc. excluded. Right now we are in 20. See you on June 10th at Charleston Cars & Coffee at 9am.

10. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    So, everyone shows up in their Studebaker Avantis? Cool! ;)

11. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    OK Bob! Now I see where You hang out. :)

Mount Pleasant we have been going there for the last 36 years. Wow, have things changed.
    I remember when Charleston downtown was practically deserted on a summer weekend evening, but not anymore!!!

Ciao,
    George

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Giulio is there specified parking in the lot?

13. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I've been living in Mt. P for 10 years now and I'm not happy how congested and "like any other pretentious northern new jersey" city it's gotten. Not all of us like the "quaint" 7 story tall hotel skyline in midtown charleston.. :(

14. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Agree 200%.

36 years ago Mount Pleasant was a storybook setting. The 2 lane bridge leading to Mount Pleasant kept the traffic at bay. Now, I don't even recognize Mt. Pleasant with concrete being laid on every inch of land. Very sad indeed.

We still like to visit the Shem Creek, watch the shrimp boats, and have lunch at Water's Edge.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ciao,
    George