Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > North & South Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Karting
Sponsor

Full Name: PJN
My Garage
Cars and Coffee Charlotte

Unfortunately we have had too many complaints from Windstream. We have been asked to find a new location. So the April Cars and Coffee this week-end is cancelled. Please pass the word on to anyone you know who attends. We hope to have a new location secured by next month. If somehow we find a place and can secure logistics this week we will post an update.

The tremendous success of this event, near 1000 cars a month, is also our greatest challenge. We will return with another great location, some more security to monitor behavior and continue to grow this event.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Sincerely
Peter
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-28-2017, 08:03 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Andy Thomason
That's really a shame. I attended in February and witnessed a lot of "hoonery". Knew it wouldn't be long after that.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Nicholas
Unfortunate but not unexpected. Sadly, C&C has turned into a collection of immature imbeciles who are more concerned with showing off and getting their five minutes of Internet fame than actually appreciating the cars that are present.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:29 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Curt
Allow me to ask the real question: What was the Mustang factor prior to the change? Anything below 2 per change of venue would be surprising.

(Mustang factor: Expressed as [p*(y2)]/E(r2) aka. the number of idiots that crash their cars, including mustangs, within a 1-2 block radius of the event.. usually while leaving)

So sad that people can't control themselves... I'm not surprised.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:02 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Adam
Ballantyne Business Parking district has plenty of parking spaces on the weekends and very easy to get to.

However, if people are going to misbehave, well...
Old 03-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Nicholas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsurgeon View Post
Allow me to ask the real question: What was the Mustang factor prior to the change? Anything below 2 per change of venue would be surprising.

(Mustang factor: Expressed as [p*(y2)]/E(r2) aka. the number of idiots that crash their cars, including mustangs, within a 1-2 block radius of the event.. usually while leaving)

So sad that people can't control themselves... I'm not surprised.
Eh, there were a few Mustangs, but imo it was actually more the Japanese car crowd plus a few German cars that were causing the bulk of the problems.

Check out the latter half of this video for various examples (language warning, NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6wnO61S-RE
Old 03-28-2017, 08:31 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Curt
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasn View Post
Eh, there were a few Mustangs, but imo it was actually more the Japanese car crowd plus a few German cars that were causing the bulk of the problems.

Check out the latter half of this video for various examples (language warning, NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6wnO61S-RE
What a bunch of ****ing nitwits. I was like totally expecting the Bentley crowd, the 300D Benz owners and the Volvo contingent to be smoking all the rubber.. Wow was I surprised.

We had a bunch of "underground car club" meetings here. Mostly populated by guys in their 20's that of Course constitute avid Jalopnik readers show up in their modded Civics before they went to delivering Pizzas and working at Fast food establishments. Had a good friend (who happens to be a woman) go and of course the guys apparently had a $500 pot to see who would sleep with her first. Classy crowd. Really classy....
Old 03-29-2017, 07:17 AM
Karting
Sponsor

Full Name: PJN
My Garage
LATEST:

We are given permission to have the April event at Windstream, more out of concern for everyone showing up and no Sheriffs to help monitor is what we suspect. We will get the word out about it being the last at that location. All the comments above are true it is about 2% of the people who want to be idiots. We will have more police at the new location both on property and at any exit. If we can stop the video we slow the roll.

As for Ballantyne the issue is the owners do not carry any insurance for such a public event. We have had many discussions with them. The Levines and Windstream allowed the event with a few of us carrying some insurance.

Ill keep you posted.

Peter
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jeff
My Garage
The last event was a nice time, always enjoy going to these.

I have noticed that the size of Charlotte's C&C has apparently dissuaded some of the more exotic cars from showing up.

The upside is, some very interesting metal is on display.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
Any progress on finding a new location? I am having serious C&C withdrawal!

A location in Ballantyne would be amazing!