Greenville Ferrari Owners | FerrariChat

Greenville Ferrari Owners

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by CarAholic, Apr 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Curious to see how many other Ferrari owners are in the Greenville SC area. Just purchased my first F car and patiently awaiting delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    There are a handful around the area! I know of a couple 458's, few F430's, a handful of 360's, and an assortment of older 3*8 models. Have you attended the Upstate Cars & Coffee event held at Michelin on the 4th Saturday if each month? I'm sure David Scott will chime in eventually and can help connect you to the local community.

3. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Yea I have brought my Porsche's up to cars and coffee. Last one I attended was February. Does everyone ever get together for a cruise? Nice to hear there are more locals. Just picked up a F430 myself very curious to see how she stacks up to my old car.

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Any pictures of it!? What kind of Porsche did you have if you don't mind me asking.

5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Haven't gotten it in yet should be sometime next week. I have had a red 991 C2S and a yellow GT4.

6. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    The Spring season normally brings the Coach I Memorial Event in Clemson. You will certainly not want to
    miss this one. The only thing better than the cars and people is the venue! David and Julie put on quite
    a weekend, including a drive! More on this I'm sure when David chimes in.

7. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Sounds like a plan, located in Easley so Clemson is rather close.

8. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    The coach I is in Anderson, not Clemson.

Bob Z.

9. ChipM

ChipM Rookie

Jan 1, 2013
    Spartanburg, SC
    Full Name:
    Chip McLeod
    Welcome to Ferrari ownership. They are a "labor of love" that gets into your blood.I am the SC Chapter President and I live in Spartanburg. As others have said there are several F-cars in Greenville (and Spartanburg). Here is the calendar for the rest of the year, although some of the hyperlinks don't paste over correctly:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 26-28 – Coach I. Memorial Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso – near Clemson, SC. A great event with Julie and David’s fabulous garage party, a Concorso of Ferrari and other fine motorcars on Saturday, and a rally afterwards. More to follow.

June 15-18 – SER Event - Mountain Getaway Weekend – NC. Come join us for our largest event of the year in the Southeast.* It is a great way to catch up with old friends and to meet new ones.* It’s an event packed weekend with fabulous lunches and dinners, rallies on some of the best roads anywhere, and a special stop or two.* Details are coming soon.

July – Possible SC area event – Drive & Dine – more to come

August - Possible SC area event – Drive & Dine – more to come

September - Possible SC area event – Drive & Dine – more to come

October 21 – FCA Meetup at EURO Auto festival – Greenville, SC. EURO is arguably the most important all-European auto festival on the East Coast.*Now in its 22nd year,*the festival attracts well over 400 European cars from all over the country. More info at EURO Auto Festival. Details to follow later.

November 3-5 – SER Event - Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance – Hilton Head. A unique, multi-day "Lowcountry" motoring experience that entertains and educates the community while supporting youth programs. More info at The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance | Welcome, with details to follow.

November 17-19 – I Cavalli De Corsa, “The Racing Horses” – The 48th Marion DuPont Scott Colonial Cup – Camden, SC. Mark your calendar for this great event with a trackside view of the Steeplechase on Saturday and possible events Friday and Saturday evening. More info at The Colonial Cup - History and much more to come.

December – Holiday party #1 – date/location to follow

December – Holiday party #2 – date/location to follow
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would encourage you to join the club at www.ferrariclubofamerica.org, and join us at some events. I am happy to help you or answer anything for you. -Chip McLeod, at [email protected].

10. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    I'm on my second V12 currently with a Nero 612 on 599 Challenge wheels and Tubi's. RIP to my '01 550 Titanium Grigio several years ago.

Chip I am friends with the Jim Little and his father Lindsey. I just received your card from Jim and will be in touch once I return from Sint Maartin mid May.

Glad to be back on the board!

11. ChipM

ChipM Rookie

Jan 1, 2013
    Spartanburg, SC
    Full Name:
    Chip McLeod

12. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    [​IMG]
    This 488 is local

13. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I have a 612 and live in the Charlotte area; but, have yet to see another in the wild. Your acquisition could perhaps lead to the unthinkable event of more than one 612 in the same space & time. :)

Have fun in St-Martin / St Maarten - my favorite place in the Caribbean and a great place to watch airplanes if your into aviation.

14. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    Just saw the post. Maybe we will run into each other southnc! I used to live near Dean & Deluca by South Park Mall when I had my 550 years ago. We then moved off Providence and McKee for several years before heading to Spartanburg. I acquired my 612 from LA earlier this year and love it.

Maybe I'll run into you at an event in July if you plan to attend any, or if there are any. I still get emails from Kevin as I was part of CAFE.

Cheers!

15. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I live near the Calvary Church - just a couple of miles from Ballantyne (South Charlotte).

I plan on attending Eurofest in SC this fall - very close to you. In addition, CAFE will probably have the Ferraris at Morrison this fall as well. Definitely worth the travel.

I also acquired my 612 from California - Marina del Rey area.

16. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    I know exactly where Calvary is. I will be at Eurofest also and possibly to CAFE meets if Saturdays permit.

Mine was registered in Valencia, CA. I had Ferrari Of LA inspect it and do some normal maintenance before I had it delivered to me.

Is Foreign Cars in Charlotte still allowing drop offs for Ferrari service or have they suspended that?

17. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I believe FCI still does allow drop offs. If your an FCA club member, I believe you also get a discount on service.

However, you really should consider Automotive International - they just relocated to a larger, state-of-the-art facility near Carowinds. They service most of the Ferraris here and do a very good job. Ask for Peter.
    Automotive International | Car Restoration | Body Work

18. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    I know Peter! They touched up the front of my 550 when they were still behind Foreign Cars. That's good to know! Thanks!

I'll call up to make an appointment for next month.

19. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    If anyone ever wants to go out for a drive just let me know I need to take her out more.

20. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    How are you enjoying your F430?

21. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Loving it, I take her out every weekend.