Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > North & South Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 05:38 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Juan
FCA Event May 26-28 Coach I Memorial Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso

**Another reason you should join the Ferrari Club of America! Ferrari ownership is encouraged, but not mandatory. Join us now https://www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/index.cfm/ID/43/

Check out the video of a past event here:

Greetings FCA Members and Friends,

Once again our annual event honoring Dr. I.M. Ibrahim and his love for friends and Ferraris is upon us! We always have some very interesting cars and folks at this event, so we hope you will consider adding this to your Memorial weekend plans.

Julie is opening her home; a masterwork designed by Alfred Browning Parker Ten Things To Love About Architect Alfred Browning Parker and commissioned by John "Buck" Fulp, noted gentleman racer and textile magnate, John Fulp (USA)'s cars - Photo Gallery - Racing Sports Cars for this FCA event. Buck raced many of the early Ferraris such as the 250TR, 196 Dino, 250 GTO, 250 LM. And some say he had a track on the back of the property where he tuned and tested his cars. We have indeed found what we believe to be the banking for the turns to this rumored track. It is really neat that great Ferraris have always been part of this ABP masterwork.

During the weekend there will be Julie and David's Fabulous Garage Party, a fun "Concorso" of Ferrari and other fine collectible automobiles, a barbecue luncheon, live music provided by Doug Jones of Craven Melon, a rally to Highlands, NC, dinner at Cyprus featuring international cuisine, and the Monaco Grand Prix viewing complete with brunch and Champagne. We may even have Just Aircraft stop in again and land at "Lake Julie`"! Lake Julie is kind of like Lake Como, but it's a 14 acre pond with lots of bass so please bring a rod. I'm not kidding, three of our friends caught 135 bass a few weeks ago, and all were released!

If you are staying the weekend, I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn (864.964.0100). Ask for the Special FCA rate of $109 per night. This is 1.8 miles from Julie's and you can even leave your car at her estate while we act as your taxi service, or park in the secure parking at the hotel. Since this is a jump in as you see fit high value event, feel free to book one night, two nights, or just attend any of the scheduled events.

Below is a schedule of events:

Friday May 26:

- 5:30 - 7:30pm: Cocktails and finger food at Julie's Garage

Saturday May 27:

- 10:30am - 2:30pm: Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso and Rally with Doug Jones-Pools open for those who dare!

- 3:00pm: Rally to Highlands

- 5:30pm: Dinner at Cyprus Cyprus International Cuisine

Sunday May 28:

- 10:30am-1:00pm: Monaco Grand Prix with Julie & David

All sponsorship is provided by The Tiger Sports Shop https://www.tigersports.com/ and Maserati Lotus Greenville Maserati and Lotus Dealership Greenville SC | Used Cars Maserati Lotus Greenville

Again, please RSVP for each event that you will be attending so our caterer and restaurant reservations will be set. I'll see some of you in just a few Weeks!

Remember...RSVP- please PM on Fchat or email below.

A Dopo,

David Scott

President Emeritus, South Carolina Chapter
jdavidf1@gmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2340 (Medium).jpg (63.3 KB, 453 views)
File Type: jpg 2344 (Medium).jpg (54.0 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg 2348 (Medium).jpg (62.4 KB, 455 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed-5.jpg (92.3 KB, 443 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed-2.jpg (43.4 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed-4.jpg (87.5 KB, 442 views)
File Type: png logo-circle@2x.png (109.7 KB, 444 views)
File Type: png dealer-logo.png (36.1 KB, 453 views)
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

I'd love to come, but can't. I almost brought a Daytona from Coach I, super nice guy.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:15 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: John E
My Garage
Margaret and I would not miss the Saturday deal - only 1 day because grandsons BD the next day
Old 05-09-2017, 09:13 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider1968 View Post
Margaret and I would not miss the Saturday deal - only 1 day because grandsons BD the next day
Heck bring the grandsons should be warm enough for the pool and we'll watch Monaco, then Indy!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jim Pernikoff
Sounds like it would be a birthday he'd never forget!
Old 05-09-2017, 01:25 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Julei and David are true ambassadors for all cars (and people)- and what a beautiful setting
Two of the nicest people I have ever met
Old 05-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ryan
I would love to come and as a new member really should, however I don't think we can swing the full weekend. What day is considered "best", if you had to choose?
Old 05-10-2017, 07:41 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Saturday will have more cars etc. And you can head back to Charleston as we head up the mountain...come on!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-11-2017, 11:11 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan-Manuel Fantango View Post
Heck bring the grandsons should be warm enough for the pool and we'll watch Monaco, then Indy!
Love to bring him but we will be driving way too fast thru the mnts from my house to bring him - will be testing my new FF CC brakes on my F1 Mas GTS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0465.JPG (85.4 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0463.JPG (141.8 KB, 290 views)
Old 05-21-2017, 10:20 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider1968 View Post
Love to bring him but we will be driving way too fast thru the mnts from my house to bring him - will be testing my new FF CC brakes on my F1 Mas GTS
That's going to be an amazing upgrade! You may need to ad 5 or 6 pt harness lol. Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Old 05-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Andy Thomason
Looking forward to making it this weekend after missing last year! Always a great event and turnout.

No need to count us for catering! We will come full
Old 05-23-2017, 11:01 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jim Pernikoff
It will be a bit warm on Saturday - good thing that Highlands is about 10 degrees cooler!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:38 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: chipB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan-Manuel Fantango View Post
**Another reason you should join the Ferrari Club of America! Ferrari ownership is encouraged, but not mandatory. Join us now https://www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/index.cfm/ID/43/

Check out the video of a past event here:

Greetings FCA Members and Friends,

Once again our annual event honoring Dr. I.M. Ibrahim and his love for friends and Ferraris is upon us! We always have some very interesting cars and folks at this event, so we hope you will consider adding this to your Memorial weekend plans.

Julie is opening her home; a masterwork designed by Alfred Browning Parker Ten Things To Love About Architect Alfred Browning Parker and commissioned by John "Buck" Fulp, noted gentleman racer and textile magnate, John Fulp (USA)'s cars - Photo Gallery - Racing Sports Cars for this FCA event. Buck raced many of the early Ferraris such as the 250TR, 196 Dino, 250 GTO, 250 LM. And some say he had a track on the back of the property where he tuned and tested his cars. We have indeed found what we believe to be the banking for the turns to this rumored track. It is really neat that great Ferraris have always been part of this ABP masterwork.

During the weekend there will be Julie and David's Fabulous Garage Party, a fun "Concorso" of Ferrari and other fine collectible automobiles, a barbecue luncheon, live music provided by Doug Jones of Craven Melon, a rally to Highlands, NC, dinner at Cyprus featuring international cuisine, and the Monaco Grand Prix viewing complete with brunch and Champagne. We may even have Just Aircraft stop in again and land at "Lake Julie`"! Lake Julie is kind of like Lake Como, but it's a 14 acre pond with lots of bass so please bring a rod. I'm not kidding, three of our friends caught 135 bass a few weeks ago, and all were released!

If you are staying the weekend, I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn (864.964.0100). Ask for the Special FCA rate of $109 per night. This is 1.8 miles from Julie's and you can even leave your car at her estate while we act as your taxi service, or park in the secure parking at the hotel. Since this is a jump in as you see fit high value event, feel free to book one night, two nights, or just attend any of the scheduled events.

Below is a schedule of events:

Friday May 26:

- 5:30 - 7:30pm: Cocktails and finger food at Julie's Garage

Saturday May 27:

- 10:30am - 2:30pm: Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso and Rally with Doug Jones-Pools open for those who dare!

- 3:00pm: Rally to Highlands

- 5:30pm: Dinner at Cyprus Cyprus International Cuisine

Sunday May 28:

- 10:30am-1:00pm: Monaco Grand Prix with Julie & David

All sponsorship is provided by The Tiger Sports Shop https://www.tigersports.com/ and Maserati Lotus Greenville Maserati and Lotus Dealership Greenville SC | Used Cars Maserati Lotus Greenville

Again, please RSVP for each event that you will be attending so our caterer and restaurant reservations will be set. I'll see some of you in just a few Weeks!

Remember...RSVP- please PM on Fchat or email below.

A Dopo,

David Scott

President Emeritus, South Carolina Chapter
jdavidf1@gmail.com
Melissa and I are coming with possibly three other friends. You have now been warned as the threat is eminent!
Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

INTERLOPER ALERT!

I just sent an email to David letting him know my wife and I will be attending for part of Saturday. But...we will be driving an '87 Porsche 911 in Carmine Red. Not to worry though, I'll dig out my vintage N.A.R.T. t-shirt for the event. : )

GO TIGERS!!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:22 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw28210 View Post
INTERLOPER ALERT!

I just sent an email to David letting him know my wife and I will be attending for part of Saturday. But...we will be driving an '87 Porsche 911 in Carmine Red. Not to worry though, I'll dig out my vintage N.A.R.T. t-shirt for the event. : )

GO TIGERS!!
Very cool! Go Tigers!! I bet "Buck" Fulp would perk up at the NART shirt....
Old 05-26-2017, 04:22 PM
Karting
Rossa Subscribed

My wife and I will be coming. Already RSVP'ed for Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: George C.
I wasn't sure if we could make it by Saturday with the Merak steering rack and front suspension being put back together. Well it's back together and ready to go. I have sent an RSVP to David if it isn't to late.

My question is what is the address of the wonderful event? This way I can decide on our flight plan from Atlanta.

Ciao,
George
Old 05-28-2017, 09:24 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: George C.
Smile Thank You

We made it!

The Event was spectacular! Fantastic people, superlative cars, and awesome food.

Thank you to all who make this wonderful happening possible.

Ciao,
George
Old 05-28-2017, 03:23 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

David (and Julie)

Thanks for all the hospitality. It was very memorable day. Especially the F40, the Daytona, the spectacular home and grounds and when my lovely wife bid against me for the Giles Villenueve autograph! (all for a great cause). I wish we could have stayed longer, but family obligations required our early departure. Thanks again.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: John Milton Denton
My Garage
I don't know why everyone does not just blot out on the calendar this weekend, as we know the time of year. This is a Do Not Miss weekend. Julie and David really make sure everyone is happy and having fun.

Julie and I certainly Enjoyed it.

Here are a few sweet photos of Friday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00335.JPG (255.8 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00343.JPG (228.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00392.JPG (227.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00351.JPG (265.2 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00342.JPG (188.6 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00350.JPG (228.2 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00354.JPG (209.7 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00355.JPG (241.0 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00361.JPG (229.8 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00364.JPG (246.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00389.JPG (211.1 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00394.JPG (181.4 KB, 138 views)