The Great Cascade Adventure, July 11-13th, 2008 | FerrariChat

The Great Cascade Adventure, July 11-13th, 2008

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by synchro, Apr 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #1 synchro, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This summer, stretch your Ferrari's legs in the sunshine of our scenic Cascade Mountains and combine that with the fun and companionship of your fellow FCA club members for a wonderful weekend!

Kuzi last hosted this event a few years ago and I think it is time to do it again, so Janet and I have it on the FCA calendar. We'll start the trip with a leisurely lunch on Friday (so our Oregon and BC members can easily join us), then afterwards start the drive into the Cascades (similar to Jackson's Suncadia drive) and stay two nights at different locations. A major goal is to balance the driving time with socializing time so that both the driver and passenger can equally enjoy the weekend; this means spirited roads and great destinations.

For those who can't get off work on Friday, this is no problem as our first night is close enough that you could make it after work or even catch up with us the next morning.

Please find a few photos from the last day trip and remember that this is the BEST time of year in the PNW.
    See your FCA newsletter for details, you must be an FCA member to attend.

Regards,

Scott
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I didn't realize that its been so long since we've done that trip. I think 03'?? The North Cascade highway has to be one of the most scenic and beautiful drives in Washington.

Scott, I think if you got both "Clubs" together on the planning of this..............you might get a "grand" turnout.

3. Bruce McKinney

Bruce McKinney Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Tigard, OR
    Full Name:
    Bruce McKinney
    Scott,

Although we have not made our resrvations yet...............Eileen and I have it on our calendars. In fact, I put in for vacation from work when I first heard about it many many months ago. We have not been to Leavenworth and it's time to uncover the crappy ole 308 for another fabulously well planned Scott adventure.

Bruce

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Agreed, let's make this fun for all!
    Thanks for your help and experience in determining the most enjoyable driving route while still accomplishing my plans for some safe wine touring at the end of each day.

NORTH CASCADES HWY OPENS TODAY
    -------------------------------------
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004381120_webnorthcascades29m.html

5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
  6. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    I’m in for Dinner at Visconti’s ( After my lunch of a Beer & Brat at Munchen Haus, my Fav.. )

Nice Avatar Kuzi !!!!

Btw, the owners of Visconti’s used to go on the Bus Trips to Wine Country with us.
    The only difference: We bought by the case, they bought by the PALLET :)

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This is a busy time of the year in the Cascades and the Hotels will relinquish our reserved block to the general public on June 10th. See the newsletter articles for details, Kuzi and I have been hard at work with some very fun events planned for both drivers and passengers that you won't want to miss.

Scott

You are confirmed as being on the entrance list!

8. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Welcome back Scott.

Plus.....we need to get an estimated head count for lunch and dinner.

9. m_later

m_later Karting

Mar 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John
    only FCA members though? I have a new G coming in and would love to go on the drive to meet other 'locals' but I'm not an FCA member :(

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #10 synchro, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
    You sure miss out on a lot of fun activities when you aren't a club member, why not join and gain access to many events all year round? You don't need to own a Ferrari, just enjoy exotic cars and the G sure would feel quite comfortable with her sisters in the group!

Thx, I cured the jet lag at a club Monaco GP party
    PMail sent on numbers.

11. m_later

m_later Karting

Mar 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John
    Ok, you convinced me :) I just signed up through the FCA site. How can I get more details on the drive and how to sign up?

12. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    PM either Scott or myself........and leave your email and we can get you the information.

13. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Is there a plan for the Portland gang to meet up along the way or do we drive to Seattle area first?

14. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As long as I get my car back.... I'm in.

15. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    fingers crossed.

16. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    We are doing a later start time so that should allow plenty of time for people coming up from OR. to not have to stay in Seattle the night before. Scott has sent out a memo so let me know if you did not receive it.

17. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #17 synchro, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
    I've heard of no plan from the Portland contingents, but our start time and flexible days were specifically chosen to make it easy for Oregonians and Canadian members to attend. You'll find this trip easy, fun and relaxing in beautiful scenery.

The only downside is that this is a very busy time of year for the hotels so the June 10th deadline means all unreserved rooms will be released to the general public (e.g. I had avery hard time getting these rooms last September). They have a very liberal cancellation policy, so if you're thinking of going you should factor that in.

P.S.
    Kuzi-speak "memo" = article in club newsletter for the last several months

18. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    An Enzo owner is attending,
    quite possibly in another Ferrari, but you never know what you'll see~!

19. shockmeee

shockmeee Karting

Jun 4, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Don
    Enzo owners are REQUIRED to bring their Enzo. It's in the FCA rules somewhere.

20. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Only two rooms left, signup deadline is Tuesday, June 10th.

You might be surprized at what Ferrari shows up!

21. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We've had a cancellation and there is space available if you'd like to attend, please contact offline.

Scott

22. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #22 synchro, Jul 13, 2008
    I've found WiFi access so am posting a few photos during the trip...

With perfect weather the group of 24 Ferraris and Lamborghinis gathered at the meeting place in Monroe.
    We had a wonderful meal, renewed old friendships and drew crowds from the locals.

Our celebrity guest attendees were Ron and Marcy Tonkin(i) who are the owners of RTGT, the oldest Ferrari Dealership in the world.
    Although they came from Oregon they weren't the furthest travelled in the group as we had our Canadian friends joining us also.

23. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #23 synchro, Jul 13, 2008
  24. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #24 synchro, Jul 13, 2008
  25. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #25 synchro, Jul 13, 2008
    We had a fantastic time in Leavenworth, strolled the streets for sightseeing, enjoyed the shopping and looked at the wine shops. The first group dinner of the trip was excellent with local Ferrari owner's Chuck and Annette joining us. It was good to see them and have them with our group. Chuck is just behind Erika, sorry for the bad shot.