17th Annual Italian Concours | FerrariChat

17th Annual Italian Concours

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jalpa_Mike, May 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Hey Gang,

Hopefully everyone on our mailing list has received their "Save the Date" card for this years Italian Concours. Sheesh, our mailing list is up well over 500 now! My wife and I spent an evening addressing and stamping while sittin' around watching TV! Who says you can't be productive watching TV! ;-)

If you would like to be on the mailing list, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get a card out to you. The entrant application is already posted on our website, but we'll be mailing those out with another Save the Date card around the end of June.

Many thanks once again to Roy Cats (Cats Exotics) for stepping up to the Corporate Level Sponsorship for 2009!

Also, I'd love to welcome our latest Sponsor to the 2009 show! Our very own Vasiliy (aka CrazyRuskie) is sponsoring the "Alfa Romeo - Contemporary" marque this year through his company, Pacific-Castles. Thanks Vasiliy!

We still have some open sponsorships, so please PM if you are interested in sponsorship this year, they are filling up fast!

See you all soon!

Mike

2. CrazyRuskie

CrazyRuskie Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Vasiliy
    Happy to be involved!

3. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #4 Jalpa_Mike, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just a reminder for everyone to get their entrant applications turned in as soon as you can! (application attached)

This year, we have everything packed in the "soon to be collectible" Cats Exotics Canvas Bags! :)

So far, we have magazines from:

Cavallino
    Auto Week
    DuPont Registry
    Robb Report
    Sports Car Market Magazine
    Garage Style
    ane more!

Plus, your yearly free gift from Griots Garage! And much more! We are also looking at having the "super duper ultra rare" Italian Concours Coffee Mug included in the bag as well (should know by the end of the week if we'll have them)! :)

Only the first 150 registrants will get all these ever so cool items!!! So, get your application in soon to assure you can receive one!

Less than 4 weeks to go!!!! See everyone soon!

Mike Wilson
    Board of Directors - Italian Concours d' Elegance
    http://www.italianconcours.org
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    are there lots of cars signed up for this. can you sign up the day of event?

5. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Yep. We usually have 30+ that sign up the day of event. The cost is $45.00 that day.

Mike

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #7 synchro, Aug 19, 2009
    At Laguna Seca I bumped into your featured artist who had a booth there. Way cool stuff and you're fortunate to have such a talented and gifted artisan producing this for you.

7. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Yep! Tony does amazing work!!! He will have his booth set up at the Italian Concours and selling signed copies of the art work we used for the poster this year.

I wish I could draw/paint like that!!!! My drawings look like a 5 year old kid's doodle's!

Mike

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Is this Saturday's E@RTC Cars 'n Coffee collection of entries only for the Ferrari club?

9. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Nope, its for anyone. I think some folks from the Alfa and FIAT club are going to come so they can hand off some applications and checks as well.

Mike

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #11 synchro, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    I just looked at the newsletter and they've really expanded the categories:

Trophies for 2009
    The Italian Concours d’Elegance has had the honor of having Jim Simpson as their chief judge since 2001; a position with which he brings integrity, diligence, and a broad knowledge of automotive history. Jim is indeed an invaluable asset to the show.
    As one can imagine, judging 150+ Automobiles, Motorcycles, Scooters and Bicycles is no easy task! Each year, Jim heads a team of judges who scours the site looking at all entries to determine the best of the best!
    Thank you, Jim!
    As mentioned on page 1, the Concours has grown so much in size, that we are beginning to spilt the marque classes even fur-ther so that someone with a brand new Italian vehicle can compete in a different class, and not be judged with someone that might have a vintage model. For 2009, we have the following trophies to hand out. Good Luck to everyone!
    Page 6
    Volume 3, Issue 1
    Ferrari—Classic V8
    Ferrari—Classic V12
    Ferrari—6 Cylinder
    Ferrari—Contemporary V8
    Ferrari—Contemporary V12
    Lamborghini—Classic
    Lamborghini—Contemporary
    Alfa Romeo—Classic
    Alfa Romeo—Contemporary
    Maserati—Classic
    Maserati—Contemporary
    FIAT
    Lancia
    Motorcycle—Classic
    Motorcycle—Contemporary
    Special Interest (Laforza, Iso, Intermeccanica, etc..)
    Best of Show—Automobile
    Best of Show—Motorcycle
    People’s Choice—Automobile
    People’s Choice—Motorcycle
    Sports Car Market Magazine—Spirit of Motoring Award
    NorthWest Auto Salon—White Glove Award
    Griot’s Garage—Preservationist Cup
    Director’s Choice
    Judge’s Choice

11. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #12 Jalpa_Mike, Aug 31, 2009
    Yep, we sure have! We are getting SO MANY Ferrari's that we really wanted to open it up so everyone has a shot and winning a trophy. If we keep growing the way are, we'll end up adopting the National Ferrari Trophy catagories! Can you imagine having enough Catagory 10 cars: Supercars (F-40, F-50, ENZO and 288 GTO) to have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophy?? That would rule! :)

As with last year, we have once again gone with the big black marble obelisk trophies. These things are so heavy, you can use it to whack your spouse on the head when they don't do their "honey do" lists! ;-)

FIAT has also got so big that next year we are going to have (2) classes for that marque (Spider and Coupe).

Thanks to all of you for taking the time and effort to come out to the Italian Concours! No way we could have this event without all of you!!!!! :)

Mike

12. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Rebecca Stevenson is forecasting "mostly cloudy with showers", high 68 degrees, for Friday, and that's as far as her report goes right now. Anyone seen a weekend forecast yet?

Mike, I'm almost ready with my beauty! I've been driving it around town.

13. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    The forecast has changed like 3 times since I first started looking at it last week. First it was supposed to rain, then it went to sunshine, now its back to mostly sunny with "drizzle" in spots. So, I'm thinking right now, its like it was last year. It rained in the morning, but by 11am when the gates opened to the public, the sun was out and 70's for the rest of the day!

Mike

14. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
  15. GarrettG

GarrettG Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Olympia, WA, USA
    Full Name:
    Garrett G. Gunderson
    I'm looking forward to the show this year... always fun! Plus, Chef Ricardo's wood-fired pizzas!! SO GOOD!!!

Funny story: I got a couple of the posters from Mike to put up at my business down here in the Olympia area... and one of my customers (or maybe an employee or rep) must have REALLY LIKED IT... because one of them was STOLEN!! Crazy, huh? Hopefully he/she actually shows up at the event!

-- Garrett

16. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    Last year's event was awsome! I'm really looking forward to sunday, I'll be there with the girl friend. See you guys there :)

17. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Great to hear you've been out driving her around Jeff!

18. AgeRebel

AgeRebel Karting

Apr 29, 2008
    US Pacific NW
    I will be heading there with some friends to be spectators. Meeting at XXX Root Beer Issaquah at 10:00am Sun morning for a mini-convoy to Des Moines Marina. Join us if interested.

Not sure which car I'll drive but definitely not the F-car (since I'm not showing it).

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #20 Spasso, Sep 4, 2009
    The forecast above starts on the 9th not the 6th, go figure. Here is the outlook as of Friday night, They even added a lightning strike to the Sunday picture.
    Oh boy, see you there. At least I won't have to worry about wiping the car down.

Anybody bringing the NWFCA tent?

20. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    I think Gary is bringing the tent! I know FIAT is bringing one, and so is Alfa!

We can still pray for SUNSHINE!!!!! :)

Mike

We are going to be down there tomorrow (Saturday) setting up all day. That should be fun! hahahaha....

21. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I'm going to drop off the Club's 10' x 10' canopy tent today (Sat).

That will give us some shelter from the rain or SUN!

Don't forget to bring along your folding chairs.

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm praying for sunshine but not holding out a lot of hope. Although it's not too bad way over here west of the Sound today. Maybe tomorrow won't be too bad either?? I'll be there either way!

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #24 Spasso, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    I'll be there with my pressurized mobile car wash system just in case.:p:p
    I'll be happy to share if we can find a water source to refill the sprayer with.

TEGELER DOES NOT HAVE THE OCD MARKET CORNERED!!

I ain't scared a no rain!

24. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    And I've already buckled in your trophy for the ride! ;)

I heard a good joke last night that you just reminded me of.....

"What is CDO?"

"It's OCD with the letters in the proper order like they should be" ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! :)