Anyone in 97239 Game To Go Look at a Car? | FerrariChat

Anyone in 97239 Game To Go Look at a Car?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Piper, Dec 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hey everyone,

Anyone in the Portland area up for having a look at a Cayenne Turbo S, just give her a walk around? Maybe I could remotely treat to a dinner or something.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I'd be glad to do it, Bob. Treat is out of the question; it's the least I can do. Send me a PM and I'll take it from there.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Is it at a dealer, or private party? I think you have a large enough group to get feedback on most of the high end dealers around here.

4. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    It's a private party. What I'd like are recommendations for the best independent garage to do the PPI. (I took my 993 to Autohaus Bayern, but that was because they were working on my Vdub. They're primarily BMW focused, I think).

5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I've always used Motorsports International for Porsche work, but I don't know that they would be much help on a Cayenne. Maybe Marque Motors, on Macadam? I hear good things about them.

6. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #6 2000 456M, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Thanks. I'll check them out, but it may not be absolutely necessary. Still under CPO warranty and full service records....

7. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks, guys. Since Allan PM'ed me, I hasn't checked back with this thread. Really appreciate the help. Al is this moment checking the car out. Fchat rocks.

8. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Personally, I wouldn't bother with a PPI on a car which is still under warranty, but that's just me.

9. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I feel the same way. I was just about to buy another and paid for a PPI in Boston, inc a compression/leakdown and scoped the cylinders. These cars are occasionally prone to scoring. So those will remain unknowns if I buy this car, which it seems I will.

10. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Wouldn't that be covered under the warranty, if there was an issue?

11. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sorry for the late reply. Cayennes occasionally develop scoring. If they do, unless there is some sort of ill effect, high oil consumption perhaps, they won't do anything about it. It is a bad long term prognosis for the life of the motor and might convince one to not purchase the car, but the only way to address it is to replace the motor which Porsche won't do unless there is serious stuff going wrong as a result. And in that case, yes, it would be covered. I may look later in the spring. Will also check the turbos at that time.

12. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I took my Cayenne S to AR Automative in Lake Oswego for its PPI. They also handle my Lotus and do a great job for me.

13. Mpower4life

Mpower4life Rookie

Jan 21, 2013
    I'm sure it has passed but Matrix Integrated in Portland is the only place I would trust with my vehicle. They specialize in Porsche and have nothing but fantastic feedback about their service all around.