Oldest Ferrari Dealership in the world - New Facility | FerrariChat

Oldest Ferrari Dealership in the world - New Facility

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by synchro, Dec 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #1 synchro, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A brand new Ferrari dealership location has that much of an angled street driveway entry coming off the street?... Of any dealership you would think a Ferrari dealership wouldn't have an entry that would scrape the nose of a car without having to use a front lift.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That location was a Lamborghini dealership before Tonkin bought it. I don't recall any issues with the approach angle then, and it probably hasn't changed.

4. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    While my car was being serviced I had a long convo with Dan. He told me that they got the ok from the city of Wilsonville to alter the slopes of those driveways so it shouldn't be an issue once construction is complete.

5. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    The entrance to the building is actually a long U shaped road. The entry right in front of the building is a tad steep but the first entrance you come to is about a half block down the road and there is very little slope at all and it wraps up the hill to the dealership. I have driven everything from Lamborghinis to a Ferrari and a Lotus out of the steep driveway when it was Lamborghini Portland and never had an issue.

This is a very large building and will be a massive upgrade to what they have currently. I can't want to see it. They better get some more inventory though because this building will make them look sparse compared to what they have now.

6. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Is this the building that housed Grand Prix Motors, or a name close to that?

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Yep!

8. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
  9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Waiting for the FCA invite to the Grand Opening party!

10. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I have not had a problem with the driveway either, took an 04 Gallardo out for a spin from Gran Prix and no issues.

The building is a lot larger and it looks like RTGT is even adding more space on, but it will be nice to have both the repair and sales in one location instead of being 20 blocks apart in a so-so part of town.(Had way to many questionable people try and talk with me as I am getting in my car)