Wrecked Ferrari in Burien? | FerrariChat

Wrecked Ferrari in Burien?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by tr0768, Dec 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Anyone know the guy with 6 DWI's trying to outrun the police last night in his Ferrari, in Burien? Saw a quick splash on KOMO 6 pm news, a sound bite about a guy giving a ride to a guy he met in a tavern, and by police estimate speeds in excess of 100 MPH. Seems this bozo tried to allude the cops, and after hitting a car or 2 and a house? the Ferrari came to rest against a church. I did not get a good view of the Ferrari but it was a nearly new silver one.

The rider actually called police and said he was scared as the driver was hitting speeds well in excess of the legal limits. He actually jumped out in fear of his life. The police caught up with the Ferrari and then the chase was on ending with a crash and a night in the gray bar motel. His arraignment was today. His lawyer told the Judge his client was a stand up guy and a pillar of the community. They asked the Judge if the guy could leave town for a sports event in Las Vegas, guess what, the Judge was smarter then the guy or his legal beagle and said NO. Seems he had recently graduated from the drunk driving academy, guess the rehab did not take.

just sayin'

tr0768

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yikes. What a bag of dooshness.

What flavor of Ferrari anyone know?

"Goodman is a big supporter of local sports who made his fortune in the fiber optics business, which is why he can afford to be driving a $100,000 Ferrari."

Jedi

3. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
  4. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Ok this really hurts my feelings twice over... not only do I own a 2000 360, but I also own a Vanagon somewhat like the one this guy hit! I say give 'em the chair. lol

Seriously though, glad this idiot didn't hurt anyone and I hope the judge sees through whatever tale his lawyer is bound to weave.

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #6 GaryReed, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a shot of the 2000 silver 360 from a newspaper article about the incident.

Later reports list the value of the car at $70K, instead of $100K.

PS: Howard - the event took place in OLYMPIA, not in Burien.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    They guy wanted to go to Vegas to "compete in a soccar tournament." I don't believe it for a minute:

quotes from the article:

Ferrari driver was "flashing some big wads of cash and buying people drinks at the bar."
    When the passenger was asked to describe the driver, he said he was about "six-foot two, six-foot three, with a fake tan, wearing a black shirt, and tight jeans"

Judge said no: "I would be doing not only this community, but also you a disservice if I allowed you to go to the state of Nevada," Dixon told Goodman. "You are not to leave the state of Washington."

This is the kind of guy who feeds into all the negative stereotypes people have of exotic car drivers: spoiled narcissistic rich jerks.

7. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    Well I guess the judge changed his mind on this guys second request.

Washington man charged in police chase can go to Super Bowl.

Washington man charged in police chase can go to Super Bowl | The Asbury Park Press NJ | app.com

OLYMPIA, WASH. — An Olympia, Wash., man accused of driving a Ferrari in a downtown police chase that reached speeds of 100 mph is being allowed to leave Washington to attend Sunday’s Super Bowl in New Jersey.

Shaun Goodman has pleaded not guilty to a charge of felony eluding and misdemeanor charges of DUI and hit and run in the Dec. 29 chase.

In a court petition, defense lawyer Paul Strophy said his client had “what may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see his hometown team play in the Super Bowl.” The Olympian reports that Superior Court Judge James Dixon signed an order Thursday allowing Goodman to fly out Friday and return Monday.

Under terms of his release on bail, Goodman is already required to wear an electronic monitoring device that measures whether a person has consumed alcohol. He’ll have to wear that to the Super Bowl too.

Strophy says his client will be taking cabs during his Super Bowl trip.

8. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Yeesh. Well at least he may see the mayor of East Rutherford there...

Super Bowl host finally gets ticket
    1-30-14
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — He’s hosting a party that he wasn’t invited to.

The mayor of East Rutherford, the New Jersey town where the Super Bowl is being held on Sunday, didn’t have tickets to the game until he got a surprise invite this week.

Mayor James Cassella tells The Record newspaper (East Rutherford Mayor who has feuded with NFL gets option to attend Super Bowl, thanks to Colts owner | Meadowlands Matters | NorthJersey.com) that Jim Irsay, the owner of the Indianapolis Colts, offered him two tickets to the game after feeling badly about news reports that said he hadn’t been invited.

Cassella has been critical of the NFL over perceived slights to New Jersey and his town.

Cassella says he finds it ironic he’s spent tens of thousands of dollars on Giants and Jets season tickets, only to be invited to the Super Bowl in his town by the Colts.