any 355 owners in Portland OR | FerrariChat

any 355 owners in Portland OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Enzojr, Jan 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I am seriously considering getting a 355, I owned an 87 328 GTS and will always have sellers remorse. But reading the forums on Ferrarichat am getting quite terrified of any small mishap with a 355 causing me serious financial damage and having the car sit in the garage until I can convince myself to spend a small fortune to repair it.
    So I would love to talk to any local 355 owners to at least get a better understanding of the 355. Also has anybody found a good reliable indie repair shop in the PDX area ... ?

2. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Tom,
    There are several 355 owners who attend the weekly Portland Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings, usually on a dry day. Tim from DoorShield, and Greg from Ron Tonkin are two who come to mind.
    Portland Cars and CoffeeReal estate for people who love cars | Real estate for people who love cars

As for independent shops, you can search here for some mentioned, such as The Jag Shop. The owner Craig is a member here (Monza 456).

Lastly, if you are not an FCA member, you should consider connecting with the local chapter for the events and resources. Our Enzo birthday dinner is coming up in February. Message or email me throught the website above for more details.

Mark
    Regional Director
    Northwest Region
    Ferrari Club of America

3. PDX_CarGuy

PDX_CarGuy Rookie

Apr 2, 2007
    Portland, Or, USA
    Full Name:
    Karl D.
    Good morning, Tom, My first Ferrari was a 328, and I had a 355 Spyder for about 3 years.
    On the second day the drivers door handle broke and later I had to have two cat's replaced. My car had had the exhaust guides done, belts and exhaust manifolds before
    I got it. Just my two cents. I would be happy to share more about my experience owning
    Ferrari's over a glass of wine or cup of coffee, Karl

4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    That fear is caused by all the non owners talking a lot of BS about the 355.

5. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That has a HUGE effect for sure. It's hard for a perspective buyer to wade through all the information and more importantly decipher what is parroting from non owners and what is actual first hand accounts.

If you were in Seattle I would gladly help you out but you are a bit of a drive from me :)