The Ferrari Concours d' Elegance, Sunday July 20, 2014 | FerrariChat

The Ferrari Concours d' Elegance, Sunday July 20, 2014

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by synchro, Feb 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #1 synchro, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As announced in last month's NW Region FCA newsletter (Amici di Maranello), save the date of Sunday July 20, 2014 for
    The Ferrari Concours d' Elegance

The site of The Ferrari Concours d' Elegance is the front lawn at Matthews Estate Winery in the heart of the Woodinville, WA wine country. This location is adjacent to over 50 wineries that are within just a few miiles and several 5 Star hotels like Willows Lodge (http://www.willowslodge.com/) or the Redmond Marriott Town Center (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marriott.com%2Fhotels%2Ftravel%2Fseamc-redmond-marriott-town-center%2F&ei=nBcMU-iCJZPkoATru4L4AQ&usg=AFQjCNFANUmwvUywfIaWx5m-bCKh8C0_DQ&sig2=0vQm7QtX-qpUm_m839XBHQ) which make this an excellent destination location.

The FCA Board of Director's has fully funded this event and Regional Director, Mark Scholz, has commissioned six elegant crystal engraved trophies for the top tiered Ferraris as part of the total of 24 trophies to be awarded.

Should Folks from Oregon (and outlying areas) wish to make a weekend of it then consider arriving early for the Saturday morning E@RTC just a few miles away. We estimate that Saturday July 19th will be the date of the E@RTC Ferrari Day but that is still TBD. In any case, the standard E@RTC event is always fun, so come for the whole weekend! A special FCA Club Saturday Night Welcome BBQ party will be held at a private location.

You do not need to be an FCA member to attend the Concours but it will be a Ferrari Only Concours.
    The general public is invited to attend the Concours for free.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm putting this on my calender for sure! Probably won't take the Ferrari there but will probably have a van full of people with me. This is going to be a great event.

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #3 synchro, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    The Constant Contact for the Ferrari Concours d'Elegance sign up announcement was just sent out to the FCA membership. If you are a member but did not receive it then please contact the NWR-FCA and make sure your email is correct or log into your National FCA account and confirm your email there is correct.

https://www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/index.cfm/ID/3/Login
    (Don't know your member number or Password? Follow the links to get them)

Attendance is not limited to FCA members, they just get the discount.
    This will be the only place in the NW where you can find Ferraris lined up by class in an elegant winery location.
    No cost for the viewing public.

4. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Fantastic. Thanks to the organizers for bringing a new event to the Northwest.

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #5 synchro, Apr 19, 2014
    The Ferrari Concours d'Elegance signups have been a resounding success using the link in the April FCA newsletter.
    We have secured 24 trophies and any NWR-FCA newsletter advertiser will get free display space and free distribution of their business literature to participants upon arrival.

Sponsorship is available and although we are not asking sponsors for funding as the FCA Board has fully funded this event, we offer trophy purchase to increase the total above 24 trophies. Purchase of a trophy by the sponsor will allow that sponsor to choose which car receives the trophy. Sponsor deadline for top tier trophies is June 1st, because of our order lead time and second tier trophies is June 20.

We have confirmed that Pebble Beach Judges Brown Maloney, Brian Pollock and Dominic Dobson will be leading the judging team

6. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If I'm reading this correctly, non-Members can sign up to be judged -- what details do I need to know?

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for your question.
    Non-Members are welcome to attend and display but since the FCA is funding the trophies out of the club treasury then only club members will be eligible to receive trophies. All registered entrants (FCA members and non-members) are welcome to attend the Saturday Night BBQ.
    One of the Crystal Trophies alone would cost nearly as much as an annual membership.
    Info on joining the FCA is here:
    Join the FCA now!

8. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Oh geez, totally misunderstood, so I'll apologize now. Let me see what I can do about my lapsed membership. Thanks Scott!

9. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Membership dealt with. I'm registered and even volunteered for pre-event setup. Should be fun.

10. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    Will there be a class for fake ferrari's like the one in picture #4 or was that a test?

11. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The spline-to-bolt hub conversion give it away to you?

12. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #12 synchro, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    What a staged lead-in question, thank you!

The answer is that this is an original (no repro), Ferrari-only Concours d'Elegance and is comprised of six classes with 24 trophies:

- Early Racing and Vintage: (1946 up to 250, 275, 330, 365)

- Enzo Era: (365 GT4 Daytona, 400, 412, Dino 206/246)

- 12 cyl class (Boxer, 512/TR/512M)

- V8 class (308/GT4QV, 328, 348, 355, Mondial)

- Modern 12 cyl (550, 575, 612, 599, FF, F12)

- Modern V8 cyl (360/430/458)

No apology necessary, even if you don't enter join along in the fun as a spectator because the public is welcome and it is free of charge for spectators to attend.

This is developing into a very fun and elegant event. We are waiting for a few more exciting things in the works before announcing, hopefully yielding some very special cars!

13. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    JUST ADDED: Ken L. has just organized an authentic Italian brick Pizza Oven vendor to be on site at Matthews winery for Napoli style pizza concessions during the Concours.
    Thank you for arranging this.

UPDATE: Looks like we missed the 456 and California in the listing so have added them. Apologies for this oversight, All Ferraris are welcome and there is a class for each.

14. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #14 synchro, May 4, 2014
  15. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Looks like a great event - I'll be there.

Cheers...Keith

16. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Registered! I'm really looking forward it as I suspect this will be an excellent -- and high quality -- addition to the events held every year in the Northwest. They've lined up some great judges, great trophies, and what sounds like a very enjoyable venue/food/etc.

17. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Also registered. Should be an enjoyable event!

18. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I thought I had plans this weekend, but turns out I'm free, so I'll be there. Probably drive my Ferrari, but it's not a show car by any stretch of the imagination!

19. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Really torn. The Forest Grove Concours (largest in the Portland metro area--Craig McCaw's Le Mans-winning SLR prototype was there a couple of years ago) is the same day and Italian Design is the feature this year.

20. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    With everything your car has been through over the past year, it would be a pleasure to see that boxer-schemed 308 of yours. Hope to see you there...

21. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Yes, I heard Mr. Tegeler took quite a rebuttal on this at the annual NWR-FCA meeting but I too am even more responsible and as a member of the Ferrari Concours Committee I am sincerely apologetic for this overlap of dates.

It was never our intention to cause a conflict and the fact is we had hoped to make it easy for our Oregon brothers/sisters to come up and make a weekend of it, enjoy the Woodinville Wine Country and pair it with the Saturday Exotics at Redmond Town center. It is the E@RTC event on Saturday which caused us to focus on holding the Concours on a Sunday.

Last Fall the Ferrari Concours Committee began meeting and from the very beginning we worked closely with the NWR-FCA Board of Directors to pare down the dates already taken by planned events to resolve those possible dates available. This ended up to be exactly three weekends available.

Once that limitation was defined we then spent several weekends exploring possible sites that might hold 75+ Ferraris, were within our budget, had ample parking for spectators and were in an elegant setting. Many weekends were spent by our volunteer team scouring the possibilities, working the numbers, explaining to owners what we wanted to do and sell them on how a Concours works.
    No small effort indeed.
    In fact we were a little late in several cases as our biggest competitors were wedding parties and those folks plan things far in advance.

Once we penned the contracts and announced the event we then started promoting it by visiting some of the large local Ferrari Collections. The fact is I had never heard of the Forest Grove Concours until I approached Bruce McCaw's VRM and the overseer mentioned it to me.
    The Concours Committee quickly convened but dates could not be changed as location availabilty had evaporated.

As of today we have 29 Ferraris registered in six classes for 24 trophies with 3 seasoned Pebble Beach Judges leading the Concours so this is taking off like hotcakes.

There is nowhere else in the Pacific NorthWest where you will find a larger group of Ferraris arranged by model and class so I'll hope you will still consider attending.

PS - Don't forget the fun filled Saturday Night Winemaker BBQ Welcome Party too!

22. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    #22 SCousineau, May 7, 2014
  23. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you.
    The idea of alternating years on the location from Seattle to Portland has also been suggested.
    Perhaps next year The Ferrari Concours should be held in Portland.

24. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks Jeff!!! It's down with Carlo now for a belt service (hard to believe it's been 5 1/2 years since the rebuild), so should be there!!

25. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That's a really good idea.