CATS EXOTICS NEW FERRARI CLUB SPONSOR | FerrariChat

CATS EXOTICS NEW FERRARI CLUB SPONSOR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by LamboRider, Jun 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    CAT EXOTICS has announced they are the new Ferrari Club Sponsor buying a full page ad in the club magazine. Ferrari of Seattle can only afford a half page ad

2. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  3. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, Roy Cats at Cats Exotics is one of the new advertisers in the Northwest Region Ferrari Club of America newsletter. Roy has been a member for several years, and participates in many club activities.

We are expanding the reach and marketing of the FCA newsletter, and have invited related businesses to begin advertising with us. Roy was one of the first to step up.

However they are not "THE" sponsor. Nor is any other advertiser in the newsletter.

And there is no comparison to Ferrari of Seattle, with regards to affordability.

Both FoS and Cats are advertisers, with long standing connections to the Ferrari and Italian car communities. Just like Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo, Alfa of Tacoma, Group 2 Motorsports, Ricambi America, DoorShield, Griot's Garage, Metropolitan Detail, Canyon Auto Rebody, Haury's Lake City Collision, TruLine, and the SOVRN Guild.

We are open to other advertisers, as long as their products or services are in line with the principles and interests of FCA members.

4. LamboRider

Feb 9, 2011
    So Ferrari of Seattle can't afford the extra $200 to have a full page ad for a year in The Ferrari Club after overcharging $100k above MSRP on new cars?
    Roy Cats never overcharges and is always generous to the clubs

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    What happened to Roy?

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Where's my popcorn.....

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Dude, chill out! You realize you are on FERRARIchat, and the advertising vehicle in question is The FERRARI Club of America? You are not making friends, or helping Roy by smack talking the fine folks at Ferrari Maserati of Seattle. Roy is a good friend, and proven all around good guy, and I appreciate his continued support of the FCA. But even he has more class than to speak poorly of the competition.
    One thing I learned years ago in sales, don't bad mouth the competition, it will always come back to you...

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Geez Dave, You're taking all the fun out of it.....;)

9. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Why can't we all just get along . . . . ?

10. LamboRider

Feb 9, 2011
    #10 LamboRider, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    I see that you're selling and buying Ferraris from Roy Cats and not FMOS Ferrari of Seattle.
    Actions speak louder than words
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/cats-exotics/448951-1997-ferrari-f355-spider-lynnwood-washington.html

Ever bought a new Ferrari from FoS?
    I thought not ...

11. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Have you ? Why not share with us how FMoS scared you so badly that this is turning into a mission for you ?

12. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
  13. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
  14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  15. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    You know absolutely nothing of my situation, nor my "actions". So let me explain. I bought my F355 Spider from Roberto Perrina at FMoS a bit over 9 years ago. My car has been serviced there, by their staff that entire time. Yes, it is consigned at Cats Exotics presently. I have never bought a Ferrari from Roy....at least not yet. ;) Though I would not hesitate to do so. Nor would I hesitate to purchase another Ferrari from FMoS, and in fact have been invited by the dealership a few times recently to examine some F430s they have had come in.

I've owned three Ferraris over the past 14 or so years. Two purchased from private parties, and the most recent, the 355 from FMoS. All of my purchases were handled just fine and without issue.
    You seem to be a big mouth, with lots of opinion,(and a serious hard-on against FMoS) but what is your exotic car ownership/buying history? Tells us about your purchasing experience...good and bad. Perhaps that will explain why you are acting the way you are.

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Is Allenlambo back in town?.;)

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    On my second bowl of popcorn........

18. LamboRider

Feb 9, 2011
    Dave I was standing there at Redmond Town Center with Chuck and Thuy when you were complaining about the 5 digit price Ferrari of Seattle charged you for the servicing of your 355. You mentioned that your previous two Ferraris were always serviced by Carlo at Alfa of Tacoma but he didn't have an SD for the 355 so you had to go to FOS but weren't happy about it.

Now you are selling/buying at Roys where you be treated right, only happy thoughts brother!

What happened? Did Ferrari of Seattle become a FerrariChat sponsor?
    Oh no, that would be Roy!

19. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Nope. Probably would if I could though. But they have serviced my 355 for the last 4 years, including a major, and I'm very happy with them. Works for me.

Like Dave said, chill out dude. I think I'll settle back now, and have a bowl of popcorn too . . .

20. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #20 f355spider, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    I'm not familiar with this conversation you speak of, but I ALWAYS complain about the service costs on the F355, that is no secret to anyone. I've even joked I'm probably single handedly funding Tino's kids college fund (lol All in good fun). I am always happy with the work performed at FMoS. Mark Glenwood is a diagnostic master when it comes to working on the F355. I have NEVER said I did not take my car to Carlo because he doesn't have an SD2, because a three pedal F355 does not require an SD2 for maintenance work. Also, my F355 has in fact seen Carlo on a couple occasions in its life, and he did wonderful work too.

I just don't understand all this hate toward FMoS. People have choices, and do business with whom they want. I see no problem with promoting the benefits and advantages of Roy and Cats Exotics. What I have a problem with is putting down others, whether FMoS or the people that choose to do business with them...that shows a lack of maturity, class, and respect.

So back to you man...are you just a LamboRIDER, or do you drive one too? ;) Why the secret identity? Why not introduce yourself, sounds like we've met.

21. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well said, Mark. The NWRFCA wants to encourage more advertisers, and not at the expense of others, in order to support the growth of the club and the benefits the club has to offer.

22. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    Now i remember why i dont read f chat anymore.