seattle restaurant advice please | FerrariChat

seattle restaurant advice please

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ross, Jul 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    my wife is headed that way on friday to see my daughter for a few days. can you natives give me some advice on the good restaurants in that city please.

any cuisine is fine, with a preference for american and asian, and less interested in european (since we get plenty of that).

thanks in advance !

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Wild Ginger
    Dahlia
    Marakesh

3. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    seastar -seattle or bellevue (northwest seafood)
    el gaucho or daniel's broiler for american steaks

4. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like Boka in the Hotel 1000. Locally sourced ingredients. Contemporary take on American cooking. As much lounge as restaurant but service is sufficiently attentive and knowledgeable without pretension. Prices are reasonable Seattle Restaurants & Dining

5. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My wife and I love Nijo's in downtown Seattle. Japanese restaurant with good atmosphere, more authentic food and very tasty. We also really like Boka in the Hotel 1000 that Jon above mentioned.

Daniel's is great for steaks, or anything really.

There are so many options it is hard to really narrow it down.

6. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    Nishino (Japanese) in Madison Park is one of my favorites.

7. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Matt's in the Market for Northwest food.

8. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Canlis is the best in the NW, amazing food, service and views. Matt's (above) is also very nice if you want something casual. El Gaucho has great steaks but better for business dinners. If you want to be on the water try Waterfront on the Pier or Daniels Broiler on Lake Union

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Is the Metropolitan Grill still good?

10. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Have breakfast at the Brown Bag in Kirkland and you will not need to eat anything else for the rest of the day.

11. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    - Lark is my absolute favorite place in Seattle. Small plates and a nice ambience. Their foe gras is amazing.
    - Mamnoon is a Syrian restaurant with really great flavors (it's a bit over-priced though), their pomegranate and walnut spread is awesome.
    - The Walrus & the Carpenter in Ballard has great small bites seafood. They have a nice selection of oysters and prepare really great sardines.
    - Canlis is a Seattle staple, the only place where it's recommended to wear a jacket (you need one to sit by the window and enjoy the nice views).
    - Poppy is a very good restaurant, creation of the former chef of the Herbfarm. It's a modern mix of Asian flavors.
    - The Jewel Room in Mistral Kitchen has an amazing prix fixe menu though it is French cuisine.

Eater always has decent suggestions, though it's mostly trendy places:
    Eater Seattle : The Seattle Restaurant, Bar, and Nightlife Blog
    - The Corson Building has amazing food, modern American using only local ingredients (mostly from the own garden).
    - The Herbfarm is a destination restaurant, frankly I wasn't impressed the only time I've been. Usually a 9+ course prix fixe.
    - You shouldn't come to Seattle and not enjoy one of Tom Douglas' restaurants. He's the local celebrity chef and has quite a few different options. Lola is a Mediterranean place, famous mostly for it's brunch (Tom's big breakfast is awesome if you like octopus), their lunch/dinner menu is also really good. We live across the street and go there often. For late dining I recommend the Palace Kitchen. Serious Pie has interesting "pizzas", they're more like flatbread with a local twist/ingredients, some purists don't like it since it's not really pizza; I grew up in Italy and I still love their pies.

12. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    That restaurant has gone down hill. Terrible pancakes.

13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I thought everyone goes there because of the servers....not the food. ;)