Viva Italia Car & Motorcycle gathering Aug 23rd Columbia Winery Woodinville | FerrariChat

Viva Italia Car & Motorcycle gathering Aug 23rd Columbia Winery Woodinville

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by AlfaMale164S, Jul 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfaMale164S

AlfaMale164S Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    Bellevue Washington
    Full Name:
    Fred Russell
    Once again, Viva Italia, the laid back Italian car & motorcycle gathering put on the NW Alfa Romeo Club, is back on at Columbia Winery in Woodinville. Columbia Winery 14030 NE 145th St, Woodinville 98072, has hosted this for years now with discounted wine tastings, wonderful flatbread meals, and tours of the winery. This day, we share the space with a wedding that will happen as well so be on your best behavior as our cars provide a nice backdrop.

As normal, the event is free to enter, open to all Italian made cars, motorcycles, and even bicycles. Bring it by, shining or not, and hang out for a few hours with a bunch of others with the same fun Italian passion. Need a break from the sun or conversation, head inside for a flatbread or wine tasting.

The past has brought out plenty of wonderful Alfas, a Lamborghini Countach, Iso Rivolta, Fiats, Lancias, Maserati Merak SS and a Bora, plus Ferrari Dinos, 575 Super America, 512BB with Miura wheels, and all sorts of great cars. Fun, and casual. No judging, or voting since this is a gathering to enjoy all the entries. If you can’t stay the whole time, arrive or leave when it best works for you. The show will be on August 23 starting at 11 AM and ending around 3 PM. Swing by the great Exotics at Redmond Town Center show on the way to Viva Italia for an added bonus!

We’ll also be gathering food donations for the Maltby Food Bank so try to remember to bring some food or donation for good local cause. Thanks, and see your there!

2. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Sounds like fun. Any other details we need to know on things like parking, etc? I'll be there after RTC...

3. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Northwest Alfa Romeo Club site shows this event was last weekend (08-02). Kind of odd if they're the event sponsor.

NWARC Events Calendar

Is there other information or confirmation of the later date posted anywhere ?

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Considering Fred is one of the NWARC club officers, he should know. :)
    I think the Aug 2 date on the website is a typo.

5. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  6. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks, should have thought to check the Winery site.

7. AlfaMale164S

AlfaMale164S Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    Bellevue Washington
    Full Name:
    Fred Russell
    Sorry I'm slow to reply... been enjoying wandering at Monterey for the last week and a little distracted. Aug 23 is the date. The Winery had a conflict on the 2nd so the date moved to the 23rd. I hope to see plenty of red, plenty of Italian beauty, and have lots of great people with fun car talk going on. Though I enjoy a shiny car, you don't even need to wash your car as the show is to enjoy the day, not critique each detail. I had enough of that at Pebble Beach.

8. AlfaMale164S

AlfaMale164S Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    Bellevue Washington
    Full Name:
    Fred Russell
    The Viva Italia question we can't answer is whether the Ferrari 512 BB will show up with Ferrari wheels or the Miura wheels? We'll find out on Saturday!

9. AlfaMale164S

AlfaMale164S Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    Bellevue Washington
    Full Name:
    Fred Russell
    Italia 227... I hope you are bringing the Italia. You might be the only Italia there.

10. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Hope to be there. If I'm NOT the only Italia, that'd be something. Next closest is San Luis Obispo, CA.

11. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

There will be another Italia coming, but it's a 458 ITALIA, not a Triumph. :)

12. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    #12 Italia 227, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. AlfaMale164S

AlfaMale164S Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    Bellevue Washington
    Full Name:
    Fred Russell
    Thanks to all the folks involved in our fun event today and to Columbia Winery and their hospitality! Lots of great Ferraris and one lonely, bright red Lamborghini . Tons of Alfas, Fiats, and DeTomaso Panteras. Nice addition of an Italia, the Lancia and a couple Maserati. The Italian motorcycle side was covered with a great variety just like the car side. On top of the wonderful cars, it must have been the nicest bunch of people I've seen yet. The only thing that tops this is the fact that we raised a couple hundred dollars, and a trunk full of food for the Maltby Food Bank.