Anyone know where I can get my Air/Fuel ratio checked on Sunday? | FerrariChat

Anyone know where I can get my Air/Fuel ratio checked on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by LostAussie, Sep 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LostAussie

LostAussie Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I've just finished installing a rebuilt Warmup Regulator on my 328 and the car is running like a champ now. I'd love to take it out for a long, long drive on Sunday as this may be the last really nice weekend of the season, but I'm not keen to do that until I'm sure my A/F ratio is correct.

The original WUR was showing very low pressure on the control circuit when I tested it, and I'm guessing this unit was already going bad when the last owner's mechanic set the mixture, just before I purchased it. This would imply that he leaned the mixute out a fair bit, since a low pressure on the control circuit side would have caused rich running. So, with the new, correctly-calibrated WUR in place, it's probably running quite lean now.

So, does anyone know where I might be able to get a gas analyzer hooked up on Sunday so we can set the mixture to the correct level? Any leads would be much appreciated.