Recommendations for Fixing 360 Alarm near Bellevue? | FerrariChat

Recommendations for Fixing 360 Alarm near Bellevue?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by GyllesSmyth, Oct 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GyllesSmyth

GyllesSmyth Karting

Apr 3, 2013
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    CGS
    The alarm on my 360 Spider has started going off at random times. Consequently, I'm having to use the battery disconnect knob when it's parked at home (for concern of my building's concierge calling me to return home from work and shut it off and/or returning home to a dead battery in the evening) and am reluctant to take it anywhere that doesn't offer valet parking to keep an eye on it.

I'm sure FoS could fix it, but they're a little less-than-conveniently located for those of us on the Eastside, and I would think somewhere along Bel-Red and/or Northup (five minutes away from me, and with much easier parking than Capitol Hill) there's probably a good audio and alarm shop that could easily address an issue like this.

Does anyone have a recommendation for such a shop (or place to avoid)? I've done the Google thing and seen some of the Yelp reviews, but would appreciate insights from anyone here on F-chat with actual personal experience.

Cheers,
    CGS

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    1) Try fixing it yourself??
    2) In more than a few modern cars, a failing battery causes all sorts of weirdness even though the battery has enough power to start the car. How old is the battery? That might be a simple fix....

3. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Veloce motorsports. Works right next door to Cats Exotics. Josh is a master Lamborghini Tech who worked for Bellevue Lamborghini for 10 plus years as their lead tech. Great dude too

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Search on this site for the repair procedure. The alarm box which integrates the alarm horn and backup battery, probably has a failing NiCad battery in it. You can either replace the battery itself or the entire box. Access is a pain (and replacing the battery was not a consideration in the design, so you have to perform surgery on the box), so labor is the biggest charge...if you are moderately handy, and have tools, you can probably do it yourself (order parts online), following one of the DIY threads.

5. GyllesSmyth

GyllesSmyth Karting

Apr 3, 2013
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    CGS
    #5 GyllesSmyth, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Thanks; from what I had read before posting, it seemed like there were a couple of possible causes and I was hoping to get someone more knowledgeable than I am to look at it before I started cutting into bits and pieces.

Other than that, I'd say my mechanical skills are suspect, I don't have much in the way of tools, and my building's parking garage isn't very conducive to working on your own car (tight spaces, poor lighting, and no available power sources in the event one was needed).

Thanks; the battery is about one year old, so I don't think that would be the cause.