Dental Help | FerrariChat

Dental Help

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by 550Maranello575, Jan 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    Hey guys!
    So recently I have been extremely self conscious about my teeth and smile.. Growing up I honestly did not take very good care of my teeth at all. Right now my self esteem because of it is at an all time low.. I can't smile without covering my mouth and hoping no one saw my screwed up rotted teeth..

I went to my dentist and the cost for them to fix my teeth is about 7500$ and I was wondering if anyone knows a dentist that would do it for cheaper... Its 6 root canals on my upper teeth and Verniers plus cleanings included.

Anyways, any dental advice or what to do would be excellent! Also Care Credit wouldn't help what so ever due to me not really having a credit history...

I don't have even close to the $7500 with me moving a couple times in just a few months so I started a GoFundMe page if anyone would like to donate.. Praying my teeth will be fixed. by Andrew Westerbeck - GoFundMe anything is helpful right now.

Personally I'd rather not do the Go Fund Me thing.. I feel like its sort of a last resort.

Thank you for any help though!

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    six root canals and six veneers, etc for $7500 is cheap. very cheap.
    once your teeth are gone, theyre gone. much more expensive to replace missing teeth.
    borrow from family if possible. you will not find it any cheaper. if you do, quality may suffer.
    sell stuff if you have to. you need your teeth and smile, especially if you work with the public or may need a job in the future.

3. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My brother is a dentist and from what he has told me $7500 sounds cheap. I had a friend do just about exactly what you are looking for maybe 10 years ago and it cost him over $10k then.

4. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I had two veniers and it was around $2,500, I get the joy of getting them redone every 10 years or so.

5. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    Assuming your six root canals are for you upper anterior (front) teeth; these teeth usually have only one canal per tooth and are the least expensive for endodontic treatment. $700 per tooth would be very reasonable. The root canal opening (hole) will need to be filled in with composite filling material. If there is extensive decay, a metal post may need to be placed in the canal to give support. These could be additional fees.

Traditionally, you would then need six crowns (caps) to restore the teeth @ about $900 each would be a deal. Placing veneers (@$500 each is a deal) on these teeth is a less expensive short-cut, but veneers are fragile on normal teeth without root canals. So you need to be extremely careful with veneers on fragile teeth with root canals. In fact, putting veneers on teeth with root canals would be boarder-line malpractice, where I used to practice.

So your sub $8K quote is cheep. Regardless, get something done ASAP because your teeth are only going to degrade more and become more expensive to fix if you procrastinate.
    Hope this helps,
    Zarathustra, D.D.S.

6. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    Thanks for the responses guys! I appreciate the input. I want to get this done as soon as I possibly can. I'm extremely frustrated with myself for not doing anything about my teeth a lot sooner and not taking care of my teeth. Hopefully I can figure something out financially considering it's pretty cheap for what I'm getting done, and quick haha. It'd raise my confidence in so many ways.

Thanks again for the input!

7. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    You might want to check with the UW School of Dentistry; they've some substantially reduced fee opportunities for patients there.

8. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    I was talking to someone about that at work yesterday. That is another good option.

9. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    I'm a Dentist and 7500 is a deal. Like others have said... It gets more expensive to replace them if you loose them, (implants 2500 each ) ..unless you go with a partial denture, dental schools are good but you have to go on Their time schedule

10. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    checkout his photo. appears class lll skeletal. very difficult case long term.
    im not a dentist, but i did stay at a holiday inn last night. ;)

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Healthcare & Medical Financing Credit Card | CareCredit

If you want an affordable payment plan, these guys finance dental work, doctors, etc. Some dentists work with them and will offer extended no interest payment plans if you use them.

Ask your dentist if he is signed up with them.

Dave

12. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    They're signed up with care credit. I tried getting a loan from them and they wouldn't give me a loan because I don't have much of a credit history. I asked the lady "Well why don't we start a credit history?" and she just said "It doesn't work that way, but I wish you the best of luck"

13. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    Yeah, that photo and the whole situation is embarrassing beyond belief... and I know it'll be difficult long term. But I really don't want it to get any worse so I'm doing my best to do something about it now and keep up with it long term..