A place in the Seattle area to hand wash a car? | FerrariChat

A place in the Seattle area to hand wash a car?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Ak Jim, Jan 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Do any of you guys know of a place where I can hand wash my car? I'd really like to give it a good washing then clay bar then coat of wax. Thanks.

2. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Wash it yourself:
    Brown bears usually have stalls you can go in and do the washing. Bring lots of quarters. The biggest issue here is the waxing, if it's busy you really shouldn't be using the stall for waxing (let alone clay bar which would take even longer).

Hand wash by others:
    Metropolitan Detail will do full hand wash.
    Park Place can do full hand wash or an in-between with their semi-automated touchless system using Griot's products. (Call ahead of time)

3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You can come over to my house. I've got a hose and spigot. Can even give you some warm water. I'll sit on the deck with a cold one and watch.:D

4. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If I wasn't at work I you could do it in my driveway but it will be dark by the time I get home.

5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Guys, thanks for the offers, I was really wondering if there was a commercial place where I could do this. I think I'll contact Metropolitan and have them do the wash and then go with a opti coat or 22ple.

6. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My car is at Metropolitan Detail right now. Clear-bra and detail. Should be ready by mid-week. I'll report back on my final impression, but so far really nice guys.

7. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Thanks, how many days to do these things? I think I'll head down there over our spring break and have them do the same for my car.

8. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The clear bra they are doing is full front, rockers, and rear wheel wells. Also putting on their windshield protection film. Finally a premier detail. They also had to remove the shields and perform a very small paintless dent repair. About a week for all that. Somewhat depends on the car and contours they are applying the film to. Their website gives pretty good details on their services.

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

10. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    MD had a 918 Spyder in their shop yesterday when I went to pick up my car. Pretty busy outfit, multiple garage bays all full.

11. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    MD Is great. They do all my cars. John and Benjamin (owners) are super nice guys and really know their stuff. 22ple is great, works on top of XPEL as well.

12. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Excellent, we are heading down for spring break, I'll get an appoinent set up with them.