Portland Parking Tickets | FerrariChat

Portland Parking Tickets

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by donv, Feb 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    This is pretty interesting-- the Oregonian now has a searchable database of all parking tickets issued in Portland since 2011. You can search by car type-- the list of Ferraris has a few familiar plates.

Not surprisingly, most of the Ferraris ticketed were for no front plate... arrgh!

Portland has written 900,000 parking tickets since 2011: How many were yours? (searchable database) | OregonLive.com

You can also search for the comments by the officers on each ticket... some of them are pretty amusing.

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I try to stay out of Portland, I so hate traffic with a stick shift.
    Curious who WSP1 is, and what WSP stands for ?
    Surprised they have not started the snatch and tow for unpaid parking tickets.
    Rumor is some people have a glove box full, and Portland will go to any length to get additional revenue.

3. grngts

grngts Karting

Jun 22, 2008
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Is it a Washington plate. Could be chief of WA State Patrol.

4. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I doubt if the chief of the Washington State Patrol drives a Ferrari, and even if he does, I somehow doubt the Portland Parking Patrol would give him a ticket.

Some of the comments are fun, though-- especially the Ferrari ones. They could be quoted in the "Ferrari Owner Stereotypes" thread...

5. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Link to the comments ?
    Did not see that, where is it ?

6. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  7. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    There were 3 Ferrari driver comments:

MAN CALLED ME AN IDIOT & A FOOL

MAN CAME FROM E SIDE OF ST & ASKED WHY I WAS CITING HIM. I EXPLAINED THE STATE OF OR REQS HIM 2 HAVE A FT PLATE ON THE VEHICLE. AT THIS TIME HE PROCEEDED 2 GE T UPSET W/ME HE TOLD ME I NEEDED 2 USE MY HEAD ON WHERE 2 PUT THE PLATE. THEN PROCEEDED 2 TELL ME I WAS THE PERFECT CITY EMPLOYEE, 1 THAT DID NOT KNOW HOW 2 THINK

DRIVER SAID HE JUST RETURNED AND HE WOULD GO TO DMV LATER IN THE AFTERNOON AND GET VEHICLE REGISTERED I TOLD HIM TO SEND IN THE INFO WITH HIS CITE THAT IT HAD BEEN REGISTERE PLEASE DROP WAIVE FINE IF HE SENDS IN THE PROOF THAT PROBLEM HAD BEEN FIXED

8. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Damn ... Thanks for the link
    I just avoid downtown at all costs, had to drive there every day for 25 plus years for work.
    I prefer to do business with places that provide sufficient free parking and with less Vulture type towing practices. One day in front of the main Post Office an elderly ladies Handicap placard had fallen off her mirror onto her floor, Vulture towing had that car in the air in 30 seconds. She is standing there crying, the tow operator is cussing her out screaming it HAS TO BE ON THE MIRROR. It took a threat from an upper level Post Office manager about Federal property to get him to drop the car. Quite the spectacle with 25 people watching, the tow operator cussing and flipping people off as he drove off.

9. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The Portland parking patrol certainly gives no quarter... I have a monthly spot downtown, so it's no longer an issue for me, but I sympathize with those who don't.

The "SmartPark" structures are the same cost as parking on the street (for under 4 hours) minus the front plate hassles, etc.