Spotters, stalkers and wanna be carparazzi | FerrariChat

Spotters, stalkers and wanna be carparazzi

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by tuttavelocita, Mar 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    For all you portland F owners or other exotics. Have you noticed an uptick in what i like to call car stalkers?

To explain, i left RTGT about a month ago now after picking up 458 for service. Got on I5 and not even one exit later i noticed a kid (18-24yo) in an audi (B5 chassis) that started following me very closely with his phone up and kept pulling all around me, with and without the phone up. I decided not to speed up but intentionally got stuck behind traffic while he was in the left lane, he slowed down dramatically when he realized i was going to duck off on to the boones ferry exit. He cut all of the lanes and exited right behind me, i started taking a convoluted route confirming that he was in fact following me till reaching the Fred Meyer where i timed the light and crossed on a very hard yellow forcing him to get stuck behind the light. I watched behind me for some time and didn't see him so i finally headed home.

This isn't the first time i've been followed and i know not the last but it seems to be happening a lot more lately. I even had someone try to follow me into my garage in my building.

H

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    No, I haven't noticed anything like that. Sure, I see people taking pictures occasionally, but no more than usual.

Of course, I tend to stick to my routines, for better or worse, so anyone who wants to take a picture of my cars probably has done so already. I did just pick up the 612 from RTGT service recently, but had no issues.

3. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    The main reason I tinted my windows was the paparazzi and people staring at me became unnerving.

Most of the time its a thumbs up or wave. Other times its like you just showed up with the Prom queen/Homecoming queen/Playboy centerfold, and suddenly everyone is you new best friend.

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I was on my way home when I was chased down passed by a carload in a GTi. They pulled off at intersection further up waiting to see which way I would go.
    I went by and they pulled out again right behind me, pretty aggressively.
    I didn't feel like playing games and I didn't want them following me home so I pulled down a dead end into somebody else's drive and they gave up.

5. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    I don't like being followed when its obvious im going out of my way to not go to my intended destination. Im about to petition my building to stop harassing me about not wanting to put a parking pass sticker on any of my cars since they feel the need to advertise the building name on it and is just a come and break into my car sign.

6. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Random question, does the sticker go on the window? If so could you put the sticker on a piece of clear transparent packaging material. This would allow you to keep it in the window when parked at the building, but remove it when you leave. Just find a piece of (vinyl/plastic) that is twice as long as the sticker. Put the sticker on one half and fold the plastic enough to make a 45* angle. Then place the plastic in the corner of the windshield. (assuming this is were they want to see it) When you go out you put it in the door pocket.

7. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    yeah thats my plan if they require it.....ive lived here 5 years now and it wasn't until recently that they crawled up my butt. Their issue is that I have multiple cars that i rotate in and out between my warehouse and my condo, ontop of that im only allowed 2 stickers since i have 2 parking spots.....their system can't think out of the box.

8. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I get the occasional wave and thumbs-up, but I've never been harassed. Probably because the 456M looks to a lot of people like an old man's car and I'm an old man. :D

9. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    I drive like an old man on the roads now, doesn't that count for something lol