Anyone local have a 348? | FerrariChat

Anyone local have a 348?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by bjwhite, Mar 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I'm considering being in the market for a 348 here soon......and I was wondering if anyone local would be willing to meet up and show me around their car? I'm consdering a targa over a coupe or spider, but I would consider looking at any of them.

I'd just like to walk around one in the flesh and talk with the owner. I have a few questions.

2. j.waldvogel

j.waldvogel Rookie

Mar 23, 2013
    Denver Colorado
    Full Name:
    j.waldvogel
    Used to own one. 1994 challenge car. Still to this day, one, if not the, one of my favorite ferraris. If you are considering purchasing one, i highly recommend a challenge car. They hold their value way better than any other 348 and are rare. The problem with owning one, besides owning a testarossa and 308...the 348 is by far the most expensive to maintain. The major service is about $12k to $15k every 5 years. I sold my challenge car right before the major service was due for the second time of owning it. I miss the car, it was very depenable and extremely fun to drive. Made several road trips. But i don't miss paying for the service. My 308 is about $2k 😀 for major service

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Brian: I'm a former 348ts owner, Tacoma area (Milton), and I still have lots of books, magazine articles, videos, etc. that I might be willing to loan to you if you're a trustworthy Scout. I've been on FChat forever. But I'm about to leave town for a few days. If you're interested in looking at or borrowing a few things, let me know at your convenience. Best of luck in your search! Jeff / Miltonian
    <jebcab at juno dot com>

4. Palermofazio

Palermofazio Karting

Oct 4, 2011
    burien
    Full Name:
    Cristoforo fazio
    #4 Palermofazio, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Chris, wow! What a beautiful dark blue color.
    We should sync up sometime. I'd love to get shown around the car, ask questions about major service, etc. I'm reading everything I can....I also wouldn't mind sitting in one to see if I jive with it although a spider would be very different head wise, driving position would not.

Also! Are you THIS Chris Fazio? :). If so, I have you old Alfetta and would love to talk to you about that too if you were so inclined. :)

The resurrection of a 79 Alfetta GT number 5867.. - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

6. michael66899

michael66899 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Bellingham
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Brian, first of all they are fantastic vehicles and I highly recommend getting into one! I actually own Miltonian's old car and also more recently picked up a Rossa TS as well so if you ever find up north towards Bellingham definitely get in touch, I would be happy to show you around them both!

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I may just take you up on that. Unfortunately my 348 deal fell through so I am still on the hunt.

If anyone happens to run across a local 348ts that's for sale, let me know. I would be thrilled if it were argento on red. :)