Good wax needed for swirls | FerrariChat

Good wax needed for swirls

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Palermofazio, Jun 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Palermofazio

Palermofazio Karting

Oct 4, 2011
    burien
    Full Name:
    Cristoforo fazio
    I washed my car today, it's been a while mostly just dust on it and finger prints, looking for a good wax

2. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Check out products from Griot's Garage (Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789). You can go as simple as spray-on wax post wash when the car is still wet and wipe off as you would normally do to dry your car for a light wax (typically used to maintain an existing coat)...all the way to a 3-stage clay prep, sealer, and wax...to the ultimate with random orbital waxing following several steps. I do the 3-stage prep to my daily driver every 6 months and use the spray-on wax whenever I wash the car.

Almost all products are developed in-house; environmentally friendly; and I can attest, work great.

Griot has their main showroom in Tacoma, right off I-5. They also feature Saturday car show events on a regular basis.

Cheers.
    Frank

3. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Wash, then clay bar, rinse again. Then I use Meguiar's Ultimate with a random orbital to apply, requires only hand-buffing to remove. Easy on/easy off. Looks great on black car.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    As previously stated, you will want to use a claybar first, to remove surface contaminants. For swirls, you will need something with a mild abrasive. If you do not have a polisher, I have found Zymol "Cleaner Wax" which has ground peanut shells in it, to work very well at removing minor hazing and swirls, without being overly aggressive when applied and removed by hand. It goes on very easy...a bit of work to remove..so don't let it dry on the surface and apply in shade. Looks great as is, or you can use a straight wax like P21S/S100 over the top for added gloss.

5. Mpower4life

Mpower4life Rookie

Jan 21, 2013
    paint correction is the only way to truly get rid of the swirls, scratches, defects, etc... waxes and fillers are just temporary products that wash away. Proper maintenance is also very key.

6. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover works crazy good. Short of a full paint correction, this is a cheaper/faster way to go. I imagine their waxes are just as good.