Mc Caw | FerrariChat

Mc Caw

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Palermofazio, Jul 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Palermofazio

Palermofazio Karting

Oct 4, 2011
    burien
    Full Name:
    Cristoforo fazio
    2 years ago I had purchased a 348 spider in Arizona from the second owner,when I did a car fax on it before I bought it, it said it was purchased from Seattle,Wa. new. Registered owner was Bellevue. I really didn't think anything about just wow it came back to Seattle that's all no big deal. Well, today I thought I would finally open the owners manuel and see it. Well I did I was in awe over the first owners name on it and info and signature, Bruce Mc Caw,that's cool.Also Grand Prix motors Seattle, so now I know more about my spider,left a nice smile on my face

2. Mpower4life

Mpower4life Rookie

Jan 21, 2013
    some serious cars have been in possession of that family.

3. Palermofazio

Palermofazio Karting

Oct 4, 2011
    burien
    Full Name:
    Cristoforo fazio
    I tried googling it up and he and brother have some beautif ferraris and other collections, I would love to ask him about this car

4. Palermofazio

Palermofazio Karting

Oct 4, 2011
    burien
    Full Name:
    Cristoforo fazio
    #4 Palermofazio, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The McCaw's are rather reclusive from the public eye when it comes to their collections and most things in general. Bruce is more so than Craig or John. If you can get him to talk to you about this 348 your best bet is at a car event. What is coolest about this history is that it was purchased before McCaw Cellular was acquired by AT&T. So they didn't have a stupid crazy amount of money at that point.

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    It's a small world. My 308 didn't come with books, well it didn't come with a LOT of things, but I digress. I found a set of almost correct books on Craigslist one day. I went to buy it and was surprised when I found an old registration in the books with the last name of Cats. Turns out it was Roy's brother who had owned a 308 years back.

Not near as cool as your story, but it drove home the smallness of the Ferrari community to me.

7. Palermofazio

Palermofazio Karting

Oct 4, 2011
    burien
    Full Name:
    Cristoforo fazio
    I have been so lifted since knowing this. Just thinking like I go out to my garage and looking at the car and where it sits and wondering where this car was parked or taken too. What maybe parties or car shows. I wish car could speak and tell there story

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The other name on that page is a member here as well... Maybe he'll chime in.

9. Palermofazio

Palermofazio Karting

Oct 4, 2011
    burien
    Full Name:
    Cristoforo fazio
    Really that's cool, I didn't know. This whole thing has just made me feel so good about it,thanks

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    3rd largest Ferrari collection in the world

11. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Like the Mercedes 300SLR that won Le Mans. It was displayed at the Forest Grove Concours a couple of years ago. I can try to dig out a photo if anyone's interested.

12. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Was that Bruce? Somehow I thought that was Jon Shirley, but I'm probably confused.

There are at least three McCaw brothers-- Craig, John, and Bruce. Any more?

Anyway, Bruce certainly has some great cars, and I think it's quite cool that you own his 348!

13. flaviaman

flaviaman Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Vernonia, OR
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    PM sent....

14. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I'll dig out the photo with the information display card (like the ones we all had for display), but I'm not at my home computer today.

15. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #15 2000 456M, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Very cool!

I see Greg Ronnord's name on that too.

Not sure whatever happened to Greg. After he left Grand Prix, he was working at a dealer close to Seattle Ducati (I believe it was called Seattle Motorsports). I bought a 1990 Laforza from them and was surprised to see Greg there.

After that place went belly-up, I lost track of him.

Speaking of the old Grand Prix Motors, anyone know whatever happened to the salesman, Bob Parrish?

Mike

17. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    greg is "flaviaman " see previous post #13.