Columbia River Concours | FerrariChat

Columbia River Concours

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Mr. V, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    #1 Mr. V, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Tomorrow, August 2nd, from 9:30 AM until 3:00 PM the Columbia River Concours d'elegance will be held at Officers Row in Vancouver.

We went last year: it was better than expected: we're going again tomorrow.

link: Columbia River Concours d?Elégance

2. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #2 wiley355, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We went this year, for the first time. Worked as judges, also for the first time(!)

The weather on Saturday was clear and HOT - 100 degrees. Luckily, Sunday clouded over and cooled off to less than 80 degrees. Very pleasant.

A small number of Ferraris - it was quality instead of quantity. A 250 GTE 2+2 just off a 3 year restoration, and headed for The Quail. A rare 365 GTS, one of 20 produced, I think. And a nice Rosso Rubhino (dark red) 365 GTB Daytona. A lot of other very interesting German and British cars.

All in all, a very nice show and a good reason to get out of Seattle during Sea Fair madness -not that I have anything against Sea Fair or the Blue Angels. Love the Blues as a matter of fact.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
  4. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    Nice photos as usual, Mr. Norwich.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Great pictures! I love that venue....even if I am "just passing thru", I love to take a detour through the Vancouver Barracks and enjoy the scenery. Officer's Row, as well as the barracks and NCO housing are really something to see.

Interesting trivia...this post officially closed a few years ago, and now part of the National Park system...yet they still have a couple old buildings used for running an AAFES store (mini mart) and barber shop for active duty and retirees. The AAFES store is the oldest continuously operating store in the entire military system (1880), AND is the only store not situated on an active military post.
    Vancouver Barracks PX still in business | The Columbian

6. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley