Friend needs to drive for an hour? | FerrariChat

Friend needs to drive for an hour?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by please_help, Aug 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. please_help

please_help Rookie

Aug 26, 2015
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the opportunity to post here.. I am hoping someone can help.

One of my closest friends who lives around Redmond, WA has a life long dream of driving a Ferrari. Whenever we drive around and see one, he becomes a deer in the headlights just looking at it.

Even though he is an accomplished and smart, professional guy, he recently went through some traumatic life events and has been having a bit of a tough time the past few years - it would be wonderful to be able to help him live his dream of driving a Ferrari for even a day or an hour.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could help him do this? I haven't been able to identify any businesses in the area that serve this kind of need.

Thank you,
    Alan

2. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
  3. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    #3 SCousineau, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. please_help

please_help Rookie

Aug 26, 2015
    Thanks Mr V & SCousineau those are two options I wasn't able to find before!

Great American Days doesn't have any dates scheduled right now but I'll check back. The $1k/day rate in Portland looks good I will have to see if I can get him out there (~3 hours away).

If anyone else has any other options please keep them coming. I really appreciate your guys' help.

5. Mmorgan216

Mmorgan216 Rookie

Jun 20, 2015
    If you are willing to drive to Vancouver BC...there is a company that does an exotic car drive. wife and I did it in May and had a blast. All cars were 2009 models aside from the tesla. drove a gtr, giardo, 360 convertable, r8, tesla p85 d with insane mode.

Had a little less than an hour in each car on a beautiful scenic route. More time can be spent in a particular car if others in the group don't want to rotate.

If you are interested I can dig up a link but I am sure google can find it easily.

Marc

6. please_help

please_help Rookie

Aug 26, 2015
    Thanks Marc heading to Vancouver is a good suggestion also! Will look into that.

7. Mmorgan216

Mmorgan216 Rookie

Jun 20, 2015
    The name of the company in bc is scenic rush.