Calling Alaska Owners for Article | FerrariChat

Calling Alaska Owners for Article

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Mule, Nov 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    If you live in Alaska and own a Ferrari, can you send me a PM? Forza magazine is putting together an article on Ferraris in Alaska. After a few false starts, I think a good outline has been created by the author and he has a nice set of questions for us to build an article. Interestingly, one of the questions is "are we a tight knit group of owners?" Since we really are not, this seems like the only place I know of to round up a few of us to participate. I know Jim up north, and two others here in ER/Anchorage, but I have probably seen a half dozen cars around that I have never met the owners. Former CS driver might still be around. 355 and TR in Anchorage, 430 and 360 up in ER, blue 308 around, too. We even have a number of 308 replicas in town. If you don't want to read a boring article just about my 328, can I hear from you? Thank you.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/northwest/74567-alaska-autumn-run.html
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/northwest/111971-alaska-spotter-thread-f-non-f.html

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Good luck, I am looking forward to the article. I hope they send a photographer up for some pictures too! :)

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Is there a shop in Anchorage which maintains most of the cars up there?

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I hope it works out. I think the photographer may already be "in-bedded", because it will be me.

5. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Not really. The few guys I know do a lot of individual work. I had my ABS serviced at the Porsche dealer, and I get my fluids done at a local shop with a lift. I have sent parts to Dave Helms over the winter to fix, and Ferrari of Denver has always been very helpful with emails, parts, and advice. There are a few "import" shops around, but kind of a different definition of import.

6. 4rebob

4rebob Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Full Name:
    Robert Taylor
  7. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Awesome thread. I guess a FF would really come in handy

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    #8 Ak Jim, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    jim i'd love to know more about your 400 this article should be very interesting as someone living in idaho another state that seems to have few ferraris for many reason and only a handful of mechanics who will work on them

10. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Damn sexy!!!

Kudos

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003