Moving to PDX | FerrariChat

Moving to PDX

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by WilyB, Jan 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    We made an offer on a small pied-à-terre downtown Portland – 97201 - and, if accepted, we would be moving there soon. Alas there is only one parking spot.

Does anyone here know of a reasonably placed safe place I could park my Mondial (preferably with a power outlet so that I could hook the trickle charger?

Also any recommendation for a storage area?

Thanks!

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Downtown has become a parking nightmare.
    When I lived in Lake Oswego ( 10 miles south of PDX ) I only had a carport, so I rented a 10X20 storage unit for the winters, today you are probably looking at $150-250 a month for that option. I will look/ ask around and check, see if I can find something.

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Google Portland Oregon indoor car storage
    Nothing in zip code 97201 but ....
    Spare foot.com
    Selfstorage.com
    Reasonable and around a $100 plus a month.
    Hopefully someone else will jump in with other options.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    There is lots of indoor parking available in downtown if you're willing to pay. Parking spots run around $200-250/month. I don't know about places with a plug, although you might be able to find one. Look at City Center Parking-- they should have a list of their available buildings and spots.

All things being equal, I would probably choose the garage under the Fox Tower. You can go down a few levels and be away from most of the crowd. Although I think they do have a 10 day limit on how long you can leave it without moving it.

There is (was?) a guy near 15th & Alder offering indoor storage with 24 hour access, so you might also look there.

5. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I know of a private garage that was renting space at around $100 per spot but it's in NE Portland so about a 25 minute drive from 97201
    PM me if interested and I will see if the owner still has space available.

6. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    #6 Italia 227, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    We live in Tacoma, but also have a small weekend condo in the Pearl District, with the standard one parking spot.

There's been a recent increase in car prowling even in the most secure PDX garages. I've left my car in the condo garage a couple of times, but likely won't in future.

I do know of a very secure, private auto club, co-located with the repair shop that tends my Triumph Italia. They don't seem to advertise, so not sure whether they have open space, but you could inquire.

If interested, PM me and I can share contact info, plus anything I might have heard about security in your pied-à-terre location.

7. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Thank you all for your suggestions, PMs sent.

8. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    You might want to check out 200 SW Market Street (The Black Box) on the south side of downtown (it's in your zip code, but it will probably be pricier than $100/mo). I think I've seen outlets there.