wraps | FerrariChat

wraps

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by RumorDude, Feb 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    i'm expecting a focus rs sometime around july or so and was hoping to have it wrapped. yes, you read that all correct. i've never wrapped a car before so i am not familiar with the process nor folks who do it. has anyone wrapped a car before, and/or has anyone suggestions of places to have this work done? thanks!

2. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    try metropolitan detail in bellevue

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  4. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    i will give them a look for comparison, thanks for the heads up!

yes, i was pointed to them by a friend and have been emailing with them. very responsive so far. i hear also that accutint does... but maybe more for "stock imagery".

5. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Gotta say with 15 cars wrapped for service loaners we have tried most of the known wrappers in the Seattle area. The best by far and of course the most expensive is Wickedwraps in Mukilteo.

They produce and make the photowrap in house and do one hell of a job on installation. They removed all exterior trim and mud guards. They removed the door handles and applied the wrap. The 1st one they did for us was 2 years ago and it looks every bit as good today as it id when installed. Their process actually photo imprints in the wrap and produces a smooth seamless finish. no pealing or weathered lettering.

I have no financial interest what so ever but am totally pleased with their work and design.

just sayin'

tr0768

6. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There seems to be a really cool story begging to come out about why you want to wrap the RS?

7. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Tell me you're wrapping it in rally livery!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Do tell ;)
    Wrapping the whole car and changing the color or just clear on the front to protect ?
    Of course we will want before and after pics.

9. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    well, i was told a few weeks back i should expect the focus rs to arrive sometime in mid july. i haven't seen any around; the dealer says it will be the first one they deliver, so that will be fun for a few days... :)

the car's actual color is white instead of that blue that everyone else has (there are only four colors to choose from!) actually, the build sheet has pretty much like three things to customize, so there isn't a whole lot to customize - at least partly the reasoning to wrap.

i'm still trying to sell the wife on the idea, but i'm aiming for something that makes the car look like it has been in a war. if you do an image search for "zombie apocalypse wrap", many of these get close to what i'm thinking.

since versium's office is at rtc, you'll be seeing it around quite a bit i'm sure. every monday evening, all the subaru people come and hang out and fill up the parking lot right in front of our office. i asked a few of them if it'd be okay for me to put the focus rs right in the middle there, but they didn't find it quite as funny as i did. maybe if i drift-mode around the loop-de-doop by haiku they'll cheer me on instead? ;)

10. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate

Sounds awesome. Be sure to post pictures and a review once you get the car.

11. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary

Focus RS = 350 HP / 350 lb-ft, AWD and a six speed manual in a very light car.

That sounds like a lot of fun!