F430 at ParkPlace | FerrariChat

F430 at ParkPlace

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BillyD, Mar 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Anyone know the red F430 at ParkPlace Ltd?
    Thanks
    Bill
    Ps anyone else in the area thinking of parting with their Ferrari

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I saw it yesterday.....tan interior. :(. Otherwise, looked nice.

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Ask them to see the Carfax, might give you a starting point for research.

4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I bought my 308 from Park Place. Get service records, and then get a PPI (from somewhere other than Park Place).

5. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    Or better yet buy from someone other than PP.

6. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I bought my 328 through Park Place. At the time, I was also looking at another 328 for sale on consignment, in the Seattle area. Both decent cars. I would have no concerns about buying through Park Place again. They provided copies of service records and several videos and photos before I went to look at the car. I was aware that PP had somewhat of a "mixed" reputation on this forum, but I can tell you that I found them more open, more accommodating, more professional and generally better to deal with than the "beloved" re-seller. Just my experience, yourr might vary.

I agree that it would be wise to get service records and a PPI.
    Jon

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That would be a pretty big step up from the "old" 308. :) Good luck with the search!!

8. F430F1Spider

F430F1Spider Rookie

Apr 7, 2016
    Bellevue WA
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    #8 F430F1Spider, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I live on the Eastside (Bellevue) ... and am a fellow car enthusiast. I've owned my 2005 F430 F1 Spider for 5 years, and it has been a wonderful car. I'm selling it to buy a 458 - feel free to drop me an email if you have any interest. Rosso Corsa with tan interior. Thanks, Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #9 Flea7, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Just an update and info on the red F430 at PP.
    They have had FOS take a look at a problem when performing a one year service with the car. It was to diagnose the F1 unit going into neutral on downshifts and hot burning smell when this occurs. FOS could not replicate the problem when they had the car. I have a copy of the service record and a copy of the carfax if anyone is interested.

I decided to pass on the 430 but it did have some attractive options with the wheels and Connelly carbon seats but the car looked to have some battle scares ..dent, paint chips up front...chips/dent on the boot lid and the bumper cover looks to have been resprayed. the the black vent grill on the drivers front bumper had red spray on it.

my opinion on the car is unless you're getting a killer deal I would pass because you may have to dish out a lot of money on a F1 unit or a new clutch along with other cosmetic problems.

Also, PP disclosed the problem with the car when asked but i have to say I wasn't impressed with the person that was helping me with some of his and his co-workers responses to my questions....one being "if you don't want any problems with used cars you should go buy a new one" ...... WOW!