ANYONE HERE HAD A PROBLEM WITH CAT'S EXOTICS | FerrariChat

ANYONE HERE HAD A PROBLEM WITH CAT'S EXOTICS

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by vrdjs, May 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I recently did a transaction with them and it went WAY off the rails. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had that experience or if this was an anomaly. Thanks in advance.

2. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    I think you will find most of the folks here in the Northwest have had a positive experience with Roy Cats and Cats Exotics.

I've known Roy for 10 years and has always been a standup guy. He sold my 2002 Maserati GT Coupe and 1983 Lamborghini Jalpa for me and handled the financial transaction for my 1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000QV

Not trying to speak for anyone else, but I'm sure others will speak up in as well.

Roy is also on this board (as well as a sponsor), so I'm sure he will chime in too.

Mike

3. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I've had nothing but a great experience from Cats. They brokered the deal for the Ferrari I was purchasing via a private sale, handled all the paperwork and logistics around moving a car across the country, and initial licensing/tabs. Couldn't have been more happy with the customer service. Roy is approachable and honest - if something went wrong (which happens in all things from time to time), then you just have to talk to him.

4. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    They have been terrific on multiple cars i have bought and sold.

5. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
  6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What part of buying a car from CNC that they obtained on a trade sold as seen basis from cats means that you had a transaction with Roy? You had a deal go bad with CNC if anything, and having read the other thread, it would appear that you decided to let your Mrs drive the car in question without checking the 75point checks which clearly stated that the steering needed attention....... If anyone is at fault chap, I'm afraid it's either CNC for not making you aware (although we have no idea whether they did or didn't, so I certainly don't expect this to be the case at this point in time) or more likely, yourself for not reading essential information about the car prior to, or even after, purchase.

And let's be clear, it wasn't a £500k lambo, it was a $22k gremlin, which I'm sure being from the UK I am unaware is a much sought after classic, but I'm not sure many would be quite so shocked it turned out a banger at that price

7. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    "Stronger opinion to follow." Let's try to be a bit more decorous in our conversations, okay. Guys in the PNW try to be a bit more mellow. (I say this as an ex-Chicagoan, which I think qualifies me as a midwesterner). By the way, there is no 's' in the French word for "shower," although I realize you REALLY wanted to use the word without getting it asterisk-ed.

8. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Upon reading your post, and the accompanying vitriol, I would direct the question at yourself.

Appears the mods are sitting this one out as the herd stampedes, or are just unable to decipher ****.

9. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Yeah, I had a problem with an exotic cat: a cream point Himalayan.

10. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    We've got a great Ragdoll. Best cat ever. Maybe you should trade yours in.

11. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    We had an amazing ragdoll. 41" tip of nose to tip of tail. Came when I whistled, brought me a 4' bull snake, loved our lab. Lifted his leg to pee, basically was a dog. Kicked coyotes butts twice. I think 3rd time got him. RIP.
    Violet point Himalayan was great too. Not swiftest but sweet. RIP.
    So I've never had issues with cats or Cats.
    CNC has never said Jack though and they were retail sellers. Hmmmmm.

12. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #12 2000 456M, May 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Flouff. For some weird reason-probably Windows 10--when I rotate the picture to make it right side up, it doesn't stick).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login