A Shot In The Dark | FerrariChat

A Shot In The Dark

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Roth, Jun 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    So i woke up this morning and find myself in Anchorage Alaska and it looks like I will be here for 3 weeks. Beside the abundant of bears, salmons and Mooses are there any endangered species such as Ferrari meet? I haven't seen one on the road yet. 🤔

2. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Day 12, the summer weather is perfect for an open top. The road stays endless, curvy and untamed. Beside a few slow moving cars, trucks and a yellow Lamborghini, the endangered species is no where in sight. I'm afraid I may not see one or perhaps it doesn't exit. This is the conclusion I have to come to term with as my time draws near. And even though the situation looks grim for the next couple days, my fingers are crossed. My hope is alive till flight. :)

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    There are a few Ferraris in and around Anchorage. I saw at least two one time when I was up there.

Maybe try to contact one or two of the guys who post in this thread regularly?? I'd imagine there might be some kind of car show over the upcoming weekend too?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/northwest/111971-alaska-spotter-thread-f-non-f-14.html

4. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    It must have been before the last ice age. There aren't any today. i can see why 9 months of the year the endangered species sits. Only 4by and high profile people movers venture out. It's a shame the untamed highway from anchorage to Seward and Homer is postcard worthy guarded on both sides by green vegetations and colorful flowers cutting through white top mountains. The road offers many twists, turns and every so often a straight shot for miles. Long enough to see the tach hit 8500 rpm. As I'm writing this, the clock is ticking. Flight is due tomorrow. I'll be back some day. Hopefully this stretch of highway doesn't get too lonely and luck has it won't be for long. with credit from human intervention, global warming is pushing back hard against the glaciers. Warmer temperature will fill the void. I imagine the endangered species will comes out to tame Old Seaward Highway once more. :) :) :)

5. lamar

lamar Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2004
    montpellier/france
    #5 lamar, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    #6 Roth, Jul 3, 2016
    T-minus 12 hours before flight, invited to a friend of a friend's house for a drink and caviar. Arrived at the destination to be greeted by a row of Porches guarding the neighborhood. One was a GT. Acknowledged the soldiers to pass but before I made it to the door, a red object caught the corner of my eyes. I had to take a closer look. To my surprise, a red Testarossa with one mirror on the driver door lays dormant. It was a sighting I didn't expect. The impromptu gathering was not planned nor was the sighting of an endangered species. Now I can say It lives even in this remote part of the world. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    #7 Roth, Jul 3, 2016