2016 Ferrari Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

2016 Ferrari Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Aeroengineman, Jun 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    #1 Aeroengineman, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Its that time of year again - Come join us and enter your car. We are at the same venue as last year (13200 Lake Kathleen Rd., Renton WA) between 10-3. We expect the same number of cars this year but don't wait until the last minute to register your car.

We are accommodating highly modified cars and race cars in a special class.

The event is FREE to the Public with lots of reasonably priced event memorabilia available for purchase including, hats, shirts, visors, wine glasses, authorized Ferrari items and a beautiful event poster suitable for framing.

If you are a Ferrari owner we really want to encourage you to follow the link and register before its too late:

nwrfca

This year we have a sound system throughout the venue and have arranged hotels for out of town entrants and enthusiasts.

Last year we had 500+ visitors and we want to encourage the non Ferrari owners to bring the kids have a picnic and enjoy the food available from the food trucks and for the adults the wine at the winery on the grounds. If you have a non-Ferrari Specialty Cars there is a place to display your vehicle also.

Please see the photos below from last year's event, judges, aerial view, Best in Show trophy, and the graphic for venue in PDF.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I forgot to mention the date - July 10

3. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    #3 Portenos, Jun 30, 2016

4. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Last year Denny Dochnahl planted 8000 sq ft of sod to park specialty non Ferraris near the winery on the property. But sadly it was too soft, but this year it is ready to have cars parked on it. There will be 4 vintners at the winery so plan to get a glass of wine and view the non Ferraris while you are doing that. We can't promise anything because we don't know what will show up when but car guys will understand we are at least making a special effort to make this a more inclusive event.

5. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    "If you have a non-Ferrari Specialty Cars there is a place to display your vehicle also..."

Wondered if the non-Ferrari area is just “show up and display”, or if cars are to be vetted in advance to participate.

6. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    They will be vetted on the spot - you know whether you have something really cool or not.

7. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    And we all know a Maserati Vignale Spyder is "really cool"!! Unfortunately, I can't make it to Seattle for next week's show but, if I could, I would definitely like to see Frank's Spyder.
    Jon

8. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Just to be clear this event has plenty of FREE parking for the general public with non specialty cars and it is the finest display of Ferraris in the Northwest with most of them detailed to perfection for the judging competition and display and its FREE to the General Public

9. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #9 wiley355, Jul 5, 2016
    Listen to Dave! A show not to be missed. Some pics from last year's event:

10. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #10 wiley355, Jul 7, 2016
  11. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
  12. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
  13. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I sent an email to the concours site, using the contact link posted there, asking whether there would be materials available for me to wash my Ferrari if I drove it up for display, but as nobody answered my email I did not register.

14. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Don,

When did you do this? When were you planning to come up? Sat or Sun? If you were planning to come Saturday, I'm sure we could have a hose set up for you and you could wash it Sat afternoon. Registration is closed except for display and it will be open tonight for another late bloomer in the same situation.

Sunday morning is just too hectic to be washing cars onsite. I was hoping out of towners would make this a destination event and stay at one of the hotels and wash their cars there.

Dave

15. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hey,
    I was going to go, don't want my car judged (it's a hotrod, so no concourse for me!!)

Is there somewhere in the show for cars like mine or should I just park I. Spectator??

16. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Can't make it unfortunately. :( Exhaust is still removed from my 400i anyway...

17. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    You are the exact reason why we created a Modified Division this year and we have some special cars in that division. - But I think we closed registration for display late last night - The deadline for registration was June 30

We tried our best to get the word out but what people don't realize is a Concour's is NOT a normal car show where you wait until the last minute to decide to show up. There has to be planning on how much space we will need for each model of car, where to place each Class at the venue, and many more considerations.

You are welcome to come and park in the special NON Ferrari Corral next to the Winery.

18. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Dave,
    Welcome to the "Vortex" where you enter, (spin - dry - spin - dry) and spit out the other end on Sunday afternoon about 2:30. :)
    Remember "Every Italian event must have a certain amount of chaos."
    Ciao,
    FGM

19. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks Dave I didn't think I would be in town this year so it is a last minute decision for me. I'll keep it in mind for next year though.
    See you tomorrow....

20. masonb

masonb Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    #20 masonb, Jul 10, 2016
  21. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Well done!!
    Excellent lay out, perfect weather, fantastic cars.
    Had a great time.
    Thanks to all the Club volunteers who made this happen.
    Ciao,
    FGM

22. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    +1 Exceptionally well run event, thoughtful and experienced judges, plus many great Ferraris of course! Thanks to all the volunteers visible and behind the scenes that made this happen.

23. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #23 jcurry, Jul 11, 2016
    ++1

A small sampling of the 70+ Ferrari's on display, including a 1970 original owner (amazing) Best of Show Dino

24. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
  25. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed