Neighbor is selling house--anyone want to move to Magnolia (Seattle) | FerrariChat

Neighbor is selling house--anyone want to move to Magnolia (Seattle)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by FamilyCar, Jul 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    My neighbor is downsizing after she was widowed about a year and a half ago. She asked me to get the word out on her house, as she doesn’t want to list it on the open market. The house is on the west side of Magnolia, so about a 10-minute commute from the future Expedia offices.

I don’t want to list everything about it for her privacy, but if you are interested PM me and I can answer some questions or set you up with her realtor.

It is a 2-storey Colonial with a daylight basement. It was designed by Elizabeth Ayers, the first licensed female architect in Washington, and built in 1939. It is about 3,700 SF over the 3 Floors and is on an 8,000 SF lot. There is a good view looking straight out towards Winslow, with West Seattle and the Olympic to either side. We’re on a narrow and quiet street.

I haven’t ever fully explored it, but I think it has 3 Bedrooms and 2 baths on the upper floor and another bed and bath in the daylight basement. The living room has a large, partially roofed terrace, and the master bedroom directly above has access to the deck above the terrace. Both the living room and master bedroom have fireplaces since they stack.

There is a two-car garage with a storage area, as well as a circular drive in front of the house. Most of the front yard is the drive; the backyard is terraced down to the street behind the house and is very pretty. It is a through block lot—streets front and back. It appears to be in good condition, although it hasn’t been renovated recently.

I believe she is asking around $1.7M. She is moving to the condo she bought at the end of the month, at which time I think it will be listed.

I have no interest in the house, but she asked me to get the word out and it wouldn’t hurt to have more nice cars around. Anyone interested PM me.

Thanks,

Peter

2. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    That's about $460/sqft. Is that a typical selling price in the area?

3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Magnolia, with a view? Yes

4. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, I second that. Magnolia is nice. I dated a girl in College that was from there and almost bought a house there 8 years ago. It's as close to DT seattle as you can get without any of the "urban" feel or danger (crime) associated with a DT core.

5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Sounds like a nice area. The next time I have a day off in Seattle I will have to check it out.