Tacoma Spotters Thread #1 (no laughing now) | FerrariChat

Tacoma Spotters Thread #1 (no laughing now)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BillyD, Jun 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 BillyD, Jun 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Tacoma Spotters Thread - I like it! Sorry, but I laughed despite the warning.

3. speed wrench

speed wrench Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Bremerton
    Full Name:
    David B
    I have an 84 308 GTB QV that I love. what year is yours and have you joined the Ferrari club to attend all the GREAT events. Hope to see you out on the road, Ferraris are ment to be driven don't let it be a garage queen. D

4. f360racer

f360racer Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Renton, WA
    Full Name:
    PJ Z
    Hey I'm in Tacoma right now! I usually never see other Ferraris down here. I drive mine all the time down here and so well done on starting a Tacoma thread.
    It seems they are only "seen" in Seattle or Redmond. I look out for you guys down in Tacoma.

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I was over there last Sunday. Nobody spotted me and I didn't see anyone else either.

Did you get everything done Bill? I finally got my wheels re-balanced, took care of 99% of my front end problems. Look forward to seeing your car sometime!

Dave, how was Indy? Hope you guys had a good time despite the B.S.

6. f360racer

f360racer Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Renton, WA
    Full Name:
    PJ Z
    Saw a red 355GTS merging from I-5 S to 512E today at 4PM. I honked in my 308 but "someone was in a hurry" it seems. Nice car for the brief moment I saw it. This morning I was passed by WSP in the same area I was just shy of 90+ and he blew past me at 140+. I did have to think about taking a breath after that one. I was sure he was after me but obviously had a bigger fish to fry. Or was it quitting time?

Phil

7. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I think it must have been Dan K - the only one I know.

8. enzof355f430

enzof355f430 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Any one know who owns the yellow 360 in Spanaway Lake area. Not sure if it is spider or coupe. My sister and her boyfriend are the ones who saw it on Pacific ave. Right before the 512 entrance. They let me know, because they know how much i ove ferraris but i still havent seen it. :( Hopefully soon! Matthew

9. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I've got to get out more! I live near Spanaway lake & have never seen an Exotic in this area.
    Bill

10. enzof355f430

enzof355f430 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    lol i hear ya Billy. Although i have seen what appeared to be a Blue 348 with flared fenders. Couldnt really get a good view on 512 when it was goin the other direction. Also saw a viper at my highschool before school ended. As well as a wrecked Maser on a flatbed on Meridian :( So i guess i cant say i havent seen and nice cars around here. but i am sick of the ricers. Matt

11. tsoccer3299

tsoccer3299 Rookie

Nov 29, 2004
    Tacoma/Portland
    just posted it in the other spotters thread but my friends have seen a red 360 on 509 going through the port of tacoma the last few days

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I laughed too... the only one I spotted was a 348 targa, red with black roof and rockers. Summer of 2002! In a nicer area in the South suburbs (not the crappy south urban area). Older man, 50's/60's driving.

So if you were in South Tacoma in 2002 in your 348 with stock black targa and turned right at a big intersection, I saw you!

:D

13. edburger

edburger Karting

Jun 23, 2005
    Oakland, Dunsmuir,CA
    Full Name:
    Eric D. Burger
    Just kidding...Are you goin to hydro races in pasco???
    I'm coming up for them (probably not in my 308 though)

14. Serious

Serious Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    Seattle
    uhhhhh ya if that guy is on here sorry for smashing on you in my buddys black s4 that nite. ;)

15. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Silver (Argento?) 360B heading north on I-5 just south of Tacoma. Sunday about 10:30 AM.

16. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Black TR heading west on highway 12 between Olympia & Pacific Ocean about 5pm Thursday Aug 18.
    ps it was in the fastlane looking racy
    pss I've been out in 308 Sat & Sun & no one saw me? ;-(
    Bill

17. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Black 355 roadster heading north on Canyon road just b4 noon Friday 8/19. It helps to get out more often, 2 F-car sightings in 2 days!
    Bill

18. kx5fast

kx5fast Karting

Jul 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    RP
    #18 kx5fast, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Billy D, did the black TR happen to look like the one attached? If so, it is my 92 512TR, and I was heading out from Olympia the other day, but didn't really mean to look racey (nice compliment though)

Rod
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Looks like u're the TR! Just as pretty standing still as moving. The WSP should have been following u instead of me! ;-).
    Bill

20. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I believe that was me.....I work in the puyallup area and thought it was a convertable worthy day for driving! Was going to pick up a business partner for lunch on Canyon -

21. f360racer

f360racer Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Renton, WA
    Full Name:
    PJ Z
    I saw a red 308 GTB with tan interior southbound on I-5 at the Tacoma Mall saturday afternoon. I know this is a late post but my broadband was down until a few minutes ago(cable guy between 12-4) showed up at 4! I know that sightings are rare south of the King Co./Pierce Co. border. So I'll post on the rare and rarely sighted F's better late than never. There really are Ferrari sightings south of the border!

22. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    That was me! That was me!!!! or ......... is there another red/tan 308 in Tacoma?
    Nah! It was me!! it was me!!!!
    thanks for the spotting F360racer
    Bill

23. f360racer

f360racer Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Renton, WA
    Full Name:
    PJ Z
    Bill,

I thought it was you. You are always driving around incognito in Tacoma. Well no longer. It's official, the Tacoma Spotters Thread is alive and well.

24. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Bill, I still want to "spot" your 308 sometime. I was out by the Tacoma Mall last Friday, should have waited another day!

25. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Red 328 GT B or S (going too fast) heading out of Federal Way on Hwy 18 followed by a white Maserati Ghibli about 7am Saturday 9/24.