1997 1/2 Diablo Roadster For Sale | FerrariChat

1997 1/2 Diablo Roadster For Sale

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by meandmyredcorvette, Jul 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. meandmyredcorvette

meandmyredcorvette Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #1 meandmyredcorvette, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am selling my 1997 1/2 Diablo Roadster. I am asking $125K Firm. The car runs and drives great! It is spectacular with only 18K actual miles. The previous owner owns a high end Exotic/European Auto Repair facility located in Rockville, Md. It is called Auto Centro. This car was part of the owners private collection. I begged him to sell me his car and a year and a half later he caved in and sold me the car. Fortunately or unfortunately I decided to buy a Ford GT and I must sell this beauty. Please pm me if you have any questions or would like additional details.

Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Must. Resist. Temptation!

3. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    same. god i love the diablo

4. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Price Reduced!!! $123K

5. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Classic! Diablo Roadsters still look amazing.

6. ahardt

ahardt Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Alex H.
    #6 ahardt, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Good Day, the car is still for sale?
    Can you send pictures and some data via mail please?
    email: {permabanned}
    thank you .
    Regards Alex

7. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #7 meandmyredcorvette, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Sorry I missed this. Just sent you email with pics. Car is still available at $123K. Two more Diablo Roadsters sold in the last two weeks that were dealer cars. This market may be heating up.

8. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Due to the most recent spike in interest in the Diablo market, especially the Diablo Roadster market, I am adjusting my price to $139,900 to reflect the market. Please pm me if you have any questions.

9. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    If they follow the countach appreciation curve, with no reason why they shouldn't IMO, it could be worth double that in a 3-5 years. GLWS.

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I agree, and especially in the case of a roadster, where you couldn't get one in a Miura or Countach.

A Diablo roadster stands pretty well unchallenged in what it offers:

1. Mid-engine V12
    2. Top down motoring
    3. Design by Italian legend Gandini
    4. Reasonably modern performance (530 hp in a 1999 model)
    5. Low production (less than 450 worldwide, just a little over 100 '99s with its one year only design)
    6. Hand built, vintage feel

11. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm surprised no one took you up at $123k. If I didn't have my F355 I would have.

12. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    In my opinion, the $139,900 could prove to be a bargain even today! A 99 Diablo Roadster would cost at least $20K more! The 97 1/2 is a more iconic look. If you look at the wannabe kit cars, they all have the fixed headlights. The pop up vintage headlights is a great look and stands on its own!

The only place for priced to go on the Diablo Roadsters is up! up! up!

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Absurd it hasnt sold. If i had the space woulda bought it

14. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    It doesn't sell at $123 so raise price to $140?

15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    In all fairness, the '99 body style is more desireable to most, which is why all the craplicas want that look and the premium (far more than $20k) is deserved.

But every roadster is highly collectable, especially in THE Diablo color, yellow.

16. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Which means .... If you offered him 123 today, he's take it and sell you the car.

17. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I'll take that bet double or nothing! There is no way that I am letting my car go for $123K today. Call me and try it. If it doesn't sell in a month its going up another $5K and by spring who knows, could be another $25K. I had a 06 Heritage TT Ford GT last year and sold it for $255K. My car was recently on ebay for $479K a year later. I have been on this ride before Big Red and sometimes it is a matter of patience and the market catching up to your price. Anyone waiting on the sidelines is going to wake up to a rude awakening. They only made approximately 300 of these roadsters with about 2/3rds going over seas. They made over 4000 Ford GT's.

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Actually 450 produced with about 2/3 coming to the US. Still, rediculously low numbers and remember Lamborghini in the late 90s was an independent boutique company producing about ONE CAR A DAY.

So assuming 300 US roadsters and a population of 300M, thats one car for every 1M people. So here in Houston, that is 4-5 roadsters or so. I know of 3.

19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Not neccessarily, this guy has a big stable of fun cars and may not be all that motivated to sell. I found that alot on my search (I made legit cash offers on 5-6 roadsters). With my funding level (or lack thereof) that was frustrating.

But he has a good position in a future appreciating asset. There was a guy this Spring with an 8k mile salvage '99 roadster (had been rebuilt beautifully by George Evans) that he wouldn't takes less than $136k for. A few of us thought that was crazy. The rarer a car is, the wider the spread of asking prices.

20. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I've seen the OP's answer above already......In other words, he has no interest in really selling, he rather just bust balls.

I went through this with a potential seller in the spring ..... After 3 months of an agreement , he kept changing the game a bit , along with time lines. Personally, it's a waste of time, and I refuse to deal with people like this.

Guys like this need to keep there cars.

21. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #21 meandmyredcorvette, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had my car out 3 times today. Are you saying this car doesn't deserve to bring $139,900? I think this is a bargain! See pics from today. Pay my price and the car is your! Title in hand. Pick up the car tomorrow. No games here. Why should anyone settle for less than what the car is worth. I spent time on locating the car, making sure that the car is right, titled the car, paid my taxes, paid my insurance etc. Clean Car Fax, No Accident History, Upgrades $$$ WORTH EVERY PENNY!

22. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Good luck with your sale , only you and a potential buyer can decide what the right price is....love yellow on lambos :D

23. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Thanks Big Red! I appreciate the support. I will be driving the car and enjoying her until the day she sells.

24. blue_myriddn

blue_myriddn Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Brilliant car, I have seen it in person at our local car shows and it simply SCREAMS in yellow. Stunning to see in person and even more dynamic to see in motion.

Patience is the key though, there is someone out there who is looking for this car and when the time comes they will pay the price to play. Good luck with your sale.

25. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have had some serious interest in the car the last few days. I will let you know what happens.