1967 VW Double Cab Pickup. Rotisserie Restoration | FerrariChat

1967 VW Double Cab Pickup. Rotisserie Restoration

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by jlonmark, Jul 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #1 jlonmark, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Very rare 1967 VW "Doppelkabine" 2007 nut and bolt rotisserie restoration to factory vin code specs. Finished in Light Grey Paint code L345 (41). Upgraded to AE code 1600cc dual port engine, original matching 4 speed transmission.
    New factory style deluxe interior, original factory VW glass, Original crows feet factory wheels (1961), original bed with drop down gates, optional dual cargo lamps, original wiper washer fluid tank, Original factory "L" coded VW Keys, original floor mats, and wood slats. The wooden stakes are held on with double sided tape. All OEM parts where needed were used to complete the build on this absolutely zero rust low mile vehicle that lead a pampered life. All gauges, lights, horn etc work, steering wheel refinished by Koch's. Recent service, oil change, and valve adjustment. Runs & drives like a dream!

$50,000

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Canine64

Canine64 Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2005
    That. Is. Awesome!!! More pix please....

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Fine example for sure

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Jay do you have this on thesamba? How are they receiving it? Seems the boys always have something to say about nice cars for sale!

5. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Kevin, I posted the truck on the samba as well. Lots of views, not too much feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I'm sure it'll make it into the Split Bus "whines" thread. Most every Bus for sale does. ;)

7. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    you can forget Samba.... everyone there is lookin to steal something cheap!!

oldbug.com, they put on there website with tons of your pics, they write up sales add... and you pay him 500 ONLY WHEN IT SELLS.. honor system! that's how I sold my 56 restored rag...

or DuPont registry... and youll get more $$$, real collectors.. people who appreciate quality!! but it will cost ya a few bucks, as im sure you know..

good luck!!

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I had fun on the samba when I let mine go last year. I had like 500 views the first day and I was thinking oh yeah, I am going be out of this thing in a hurry. Then nothing...then the whines...then the low ball offers...then I re-work the price a little...then more whining, more low balling...then I wait..Then I went back and forth with a guy in Sweden who wanted to put it in his museum in the VW wing. He was working with a fixed budget from his Dads trust but he didn't allocate enough for this purchase... then the auction companies start on me to get it in their auctions...then more waiting...then an offer from a chinese business man via an interpreter. Good number I accept! Then he disappears but in the meantime I put a deposit down on my 360. The Ferrari dealer offers to display my car in the showroom to help generate interest...then more waiting...then months go by and I want to get it off the books and move on! Out of blue I get a call from a guy who is coming over on vacation and wants to see it. It was love at first sight for them and their offer was decent so away with the car to Texas. The mattress King now owns my car!

I think auto trader was the one that resulted in a sale. I did Duponte (waste of money IMO), hemmings (the museum guy), cars.com, samba (low ballers, and dreamers)

9. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I sold my '57 Single Cab, '70 Single and '63 Notchback last year on theSamba. Yeah, there were a lot of dreamers and lowballers and people talking on the forums, but none of them were the ones that actually showed up with the cash. The guys that bought were much more "behind the scenes" guys.