2004 Porsche Carrera GT | FerrariChat

2004 Porsche Carrera GT

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by jamie140, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #1 jamie140, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Awesome plate! good luck with the sale.

3. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    wow it's amazing how much these have risen in the past few years. That's a beauty I wish I could buy it Ive heard the driving experience is unreal and it's one of the best sounding cars ever. Nice house too!

4. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They're worth every cent and will prob be a million bucks in a few years. One Amazing car!

5. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I think thats too much car for me. I think all of my cars are too much for me.
    My FAVE right now is my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder.

Good luck on the sale, I am sure someone will get an awesome deal.

6. V8ray

V8ray Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Did you sell this car?

7. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Nope. Came to my senses

8. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Good decision!

9. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Good call, Jamie.

10. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Be safe in that thing. It is a handful at speed.

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Car is anything but "handful at speed", actually very stable and confidence inspiring.
    Has this undeserved reputation brought by a handful of high profile accidents caused not by some inherent fault in design but by either stupidity of it's driver or other unforeseen reasons unrelated to the car itself.
    People with absolutely 0 of "hands on" experience only propagate that reputation by repeating something written by some idiot journos who have no idea what they talking about.

12. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I can tell you that it can be a handful if u r not aware of its balancing and power delivery. Stable while cruising at speed I am sure. But the car has its rep for a reason. I'd like to say I have first hand exp. but I don't. Only that of acquaintances. I assume owners are familiar with the character of their car, but the infamous accidents show that this may not be the case. Every car has the potential to be a killer. This one seems more apt than others in this segment.

13. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    This is my third CGT. The car is not inherently dangerous, but you do have to treat it with respect. But I do that with my other cars too.

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    As I understand the Porsche test driver made his comments after a high speed session in the wet... haven't driven one so I can't verify. But my brothers uncles nieces cousin said it was a handful. As far as I'm concerned, its only dangerous if you're a celebrity riding shotgun or driving it on a track. It's a safe car otherwise. More people die each year in Toyota Camrys and Chevys when all the power suddenly quits while driving.

Wish I had the funds! It would be in my garage (when it was for sale of course) with an agreement to allow original owner seat time annually and first refusal if it is sold again. :)

15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yep, I saw a Paul Walker movie this one time.....

16. 101010

101010 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2008
    May I ask... why is this your 3rd CGT? I mean, clearly you have the means to buy and sell supercars-- and more power to you!-- but what was your motivation to buy the first two, still feel the itch not sufficiently scratched, and turn around to buy the 3rd?

Genuinely curious!

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    This is closer to a race car than most other cars. Thus, its not nearly as forgiving. Handful is a subjective term. I've driven these and I didn't think it was a handful, but it gave me clear messages if I didn't really focus on driving, it could bite.

The single most impressive modern performance car I've ever driven. But not for me because I know I want (need?) something with more forgiveness with its handling.

18. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Sigh...too many opinions based on opinions of others.
    Yes, the car demands a healthy dose of respect, yes, it does not tolerate fools, if, however, you are aware of your own skills and limitations, even if your skills may be fairly limited, this car will provide the best possible driving experience bar none and fairly safe at that too.
    On the other hand, folks who consider themselves at least equal to F1 drivers, would not make the best choice buying a CGT, any modern Ferrari or Lambo or Mclaren would do great for them.
    They can feel heroic driving them and even occasionally loan them to their Grandmas for a quick run to a Bingo game.

19. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I was wondering the same thing i'd like to hear his comments. Life is good, but life must be really good when one has had the chance to own three carrera gts lol.

20. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    This is EXACTLY it. If you're a $hitty driver like me, you better know it. I do. I enjoy the car immensely within my own limits.

3 in succession. Not 3 at a time. I get bored without a target. I love the acquisition but then get bored. I only owned my F40 for a month. (wish I could have that one back :()

21. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    You sound like a really cool guy. Glad you're keeping the car!

22. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Well, at least you won't make the same mistake this time with the CGT as the F40. :)
    Glad that you've decided to keep it.

23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Good call to not sell it. :)

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Agree.
    Unfortunately I'm considering selling mine, since I am selling my house and moving to a rental for a while with limited garage space (sorely needed for our daily drivers in this climate).

25. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why not park it somewhere? Willow Automotive in downtown can probably accomodate it. They keep Lambos, Mclarens, CGTs..