1983 Lamborghini Countach LP500S, 10,390 KM, Rosso Siviglia/Beige, Complete History | FerrariChat

1983 Lamborghini Countach LP500S, 10,390 KM, Rosso Siviglia/Beige, Complete History

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by M. Brandon Motorcars, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #1 M. Brandon Motorcars, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am extremely privileged to present this 1983 Lamborghini Countach LP500S. Finished in the classic Rosso Siviglia (red) exterior over Beige (tan) interior, and complimented by gold wheels and the optional rear wing, this side-draft carbureted Countach has had only two owners since new in its 31 year history.

Originally sold in Italy, the car was delivered to its first owner in Houston, TX. The second owner purchased the car with 5,675 km (3,700 miles) in 1994 and decided to perform an extensive engine-out service, as well as a complete repaint from bare metal using the correct Glasurit paint. (Extensive details on the service work and repaint are available upon request.)

Since the work in 1994, the car has been driven less than 5,000 km, and is currently showing 10,390 km (6,456 miles). The interior is completely original and shows as new. All gauges and electronics are functional. The paint, undercarriage, and engine compartment are in show quality condition. The original tools, manuals, all receipts, factory invoice, bill of sale, EPA/DOT federalization paperwork, and even the Lufthansa cargo ticket (from when the car was transported to the US in 1983) are present.

This Countach is quite possibly one of the finest examples of an LP500S in existence. Cars of this quality rarely are offered for sale, and the early carbureted Countach is the most desirable and valued. For more information, please contact Michael Foertsch at [email protected] or 832-617-0494.

Price: $500,000

More pictures can be found on my website: 1983 Lamborghini Countach LP500S ? M. Brandon Motorcars
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    This is exactly the car I've been dreaming my entire life. Red, tan interior, gold wheels and side draft carbs. WOW! I should have buy one when they less than $100K.

GLWS!

3. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

just 18 months ago...or less....

Jack

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Oh. My. GOD. Perhaps my all time favorite car.

5. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Wow, very nice! How many LP500S were produced in total and over how many years?
    GLWS, Michael.

6. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    THE SINGLE MOST PERFECT CAR IN THE WORLD. This is the exact car of my dreams,, too bad (for me anyway) they are quickly becoming un obtainable. Good luck with the sale and I will be happy for its new owner!

7. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  8. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
  9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Not for a low mile pristine 5000S.

Two years ago, iffy Anny models were around $100k as were project-type cars

People that can own these are very lucky indeed.

10. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Beautiful car...I love the red and the gold wheels. If only the interior were black. I love Gandini's work. But someone loves red on tan--I'm sure you'll find a buyer.

12. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    When was the black and tan car all appart that was for sale in Florida. Parts were scattered on the floor of the shop for the sale picture. Anyway it was a rough car and I offered $40,000 and wasn't even considered. Car sold for $60K somewhere in Europe. That is at least more than 2 years ago.

I thought my offer was good back then. I was in error.

13. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    It's now on BAT.

14. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I was actively hunting for a Countach until this year. got screwed on three cars, Even when they were not going for this much.

Oh well I have my 1979 930 maybe it will go crazy like these baby's (finally) did.

15. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    I don't know for sure but these are the figures I found. LP 500S were made from Model Years 1982-1984. Total of 323.

16. I was thinking 321, but that sounds correct. Around 2000 Countachs of all variants were built. What a wonderful, beautiful car.

17. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Hard to believe that my high school poster cars are now going for $500K ! I was in love with the Countach and the 512BB in the late 70's through when I graduated HS in 1981. Brings back memories. The Countach and the 512BB were my all-time favorite High School Posters (ok I'll add Farah Fawcett too). Great car. Looks very very impressive. GLWS.

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #18 sherpa23, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    As hard as finding a good Countach can be, I don't think that you would have needed to hunt all that hard. I bought the newly restored silver/blue LP5000S prototype last year in Monterey at RM for less than $200k. I was the only bidder in a packed room. That car tripled in the 12 months after I bought it. They're finally getting to where they should have been.

19. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    car looks superb and very original!
    it is an early 5000S from toolkit and rear badge. i think the wing was addes later on its life but is correct for a 5000S
    good luck with the sale
    only needs an ansa sport exhaust to sound as it looks!

20. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    I appreciate your optimism, but that ship has sailed. :)

21. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #21 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Dec 6, 2014
    You are one of the smartest buyers I know, what a car:

1982 Lamborghini Countach 5000S | Monterey 2013 | RM AUCTIONS

We had one locally slip though our fingers, a dealer purchased it from a long time friend of his that we know, and the car had been here in the garage overnight as the lights did not work one evening so he left it here. And from what I understand it was to stay in the dealers private collection-Not! Sold it for a tidy profit, but again too soon. This was Mario Andretti's car, it had his initials painted in small letters on the door.

Hmm...so now we have an idea what the car in question would look like at Julie's home...that makes the heart race. I think I like the gold wheels better. The last picture is a "shark in the kelp forest"

22. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

It doesn't matter the cars I found and was actively trying to buy just didn't pan out.

Others cars I liked but I felt were overpriced for what they were. I wanted something to work on and I found them but the pricing was on par with cars without the same needs as them.

I was also working overseas did what hunting I could on the internet but not all auctions are well advertised as well as the cars.

Some sold so fast I couldn't even try.
    Like the 87-88 car that was found on craigslist, probably flooded in the huricaine that ran through New york, Missing the interior and all that, I missed the seller on craigslist at $50K or something like that only to find it at Gullwing motorsports for $17,000 more just for moving it to his location.
    I couldn't even get them to send me close up photos of certain areas to see what was what. It then sold before I could make an offer. Wish I could have seen it in person.
    Even though I'm sure it was a flood car I couldn't get much needed photos until after the sale. Glad I didn't buy it, I am for sure it was in some water.

Hard to buy when you can go and look.

I was also was specifically looking for a Low body or a QV maybe at best a Downdraft

But oh well now they have sky rocketed Well beyond what I'm willing to pay for one. Or can afford anymore.

23. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    If those pictures on the auction house are what you got for 198K Id love to know what they restored? was that the one with the crazy bumpers that ended up working into the front bonnet? it also had that fuel injection spider instead of carbs?

The restoration you talk of was returning it back to the beautiful weber carbs and putting a euro bumper and replacement/repaired hood on it. Then respraying them to color match.

It's beautiful and Id love one.

24. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    #24 Scott85, Dec 6, 2014
    These are the "before" pictures of the silver Countach -

25. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That's right. It was restored to how it was unveiled at the Geneva show in 1982. It looked like a replacement hood and replacement bumpers so it was pretty perfect all the way around.

It was bizarre. I am pretty sure I was the only bidder in the room. I actually stopped bidding a couple of bids back so in the end RM did the right thing and back it out to my last bid, so I paid less than the reported $198k. But that was one of those once in a lifetime things. That car was so phenomenal. That car can go toe to toe with any Countach in the world.